'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley Calls 'Twilight' Toxic and Unhealthy
It's revealed that Shailene Woodley is not impressed by the love story between Bella and Edward portrayed by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson in "Twilight Saga" series, as more excerpt of her interview with Teen Vogue lands online before the new issue hits newsstand next month. She doesn't think the story and the movie versions send the right message to young people.
" 'Twilight', I'm sorry, is about a very unhealthy, toxic relationship," the pixie-haired star says. "She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve."
Woodley herself is very picky when it comes to choosing the right role. The 22-year-old movie beauty got praised and rose to stardom for her role in her 2011 big-screen debut "The Descendants" in which she shared screen with George Clooney, but she refused to milk her fame.
"After The Descendants, everybody was like, 'You've got to ride the wave!' And I was like, 'You ride the wave and it eventually crashes on the shore. That doesn't work out! I'm going to just sit here and paddleboard.' I didn't do a movie for two years because I didn't read anything that was inspiring to me," she explains.
Even though Woodley was initially reluctant to do "Divergent" and accepted it after Jennifer Lawrence convinced her, she made sure to read the young adult book too and and felt instantly hooked after finishing the story written by Veronica Roth.
"Doing an action movie is completely different from one based in reality. It's much harder to act with a green screen than with another human being," she says. "There are so many special effects in this film, so it was really amazing to see how they turned out."
Despite her role in the big franchise which will kick off with the first movie on March 21, the "White Bird in a Blizzard" star still has soft spot with indie movies and would like to do more in the future.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up