'Little People, Big World' Couple Separating After 26 Years of Marriage
Big news came from TLC's "Little People, Big World" stars. In a clip from a special due to air on March 25, Matt and Amy Roloff announced that they had separated after 26 years of marriage.
"Though we have weathered many storms together, we recently made the tough decision to engage in a trial separation," the couple said in a statement. "Matt remains living on the farm in our guesthouse and we work together every day on the farm, on our business endeavors and most importantly, raising our amazing children."
In the clip, Matt said, "Amy and I are separated. Last year was long, long and tough. Amy and I had a lot of tensions so right around Thanksgiving I thought I would move over to the bridal house for a little bit and we'll try that."
He continued, "Amy and I stuck it out for years and years when maybe we shouldn't have. I never quite felt at home in my own home so something needed to change. So we needed to try something different."
Amy said, "I think what Matt and I failed to do over many, many years is learn to live together," adding, "It's not my choice for him to leave. I am saddened by it, and it's been 26 years. We don't have a plan as far as how we are going to work this out so it's not going to be easy."
The couple runs a farm and event center in Helvetia, Oregon. They have four children. "Despite their separation, they are focused on providing their kids with as festive a holiday as possible, and move forward with planning an elaborate party to celebrate New Year's Eve," TLC said in its announcement.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked