Olivia Wilde Joins Martin Scorsese's HBO Rock 'n' Roll Pilot
Olivia Wilde has joined Martin Scorsese's rock 'n' roll pilot for HBO. Set in 1970s New York, the yet-to-be titled project explores the drug and sex-fueled music business as punk and disco began to take over, all told through the eyes of a record executive who is trying to resurrect his label and find the next new sound.
Bobby Cannavale has been tapped to play the Richie Finestra, the founder and president of American Century Records who undergoes a crisis of character when confronted with a life-altering decision. Wilde will play his wife, Devon Finestra.
Mrs. Finestra is a former actress/model who lived a Bohemian life in 1960s New York. Richie's crisis causes strain on their family and propels her to go back to her former lifestyle.
Scorsese is directing the drama based on the script penned by Terence Winter. Both of them are serving as executive producers of the project alongside The Rolling Stones' frontman Mick Jagger.
Production is expected to start in early summer, after Wilde gives birth to her child with actor Jason Sudeikis.
More Olivia Wilde News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed