Lena Dunham Reveals Plan to Quit Acting
Lena Dunham already thinks of retiring from acting. The star and creator of HBO's hit series "Girls", who graces the cover of Glamour's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that she doesn't know if she will want to act in the future.
"I don't know if I'm going to want to act any more. I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to," the 27-year-old star tells the mag. She adds that she prefers to stand behind the camera and watch other people on the screen, saying, "I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
In the interview, Dunham also talks about her relationship with Fun.'s member Jack Antonoff whom she began dating shortly after "Girls" became popular. "The dialogue around the show already existed, so it was sort of clear to him what the baggage of dating me was going to be," she explains.
She adds, "I remember talking with him on our first date and him being like, 'God all the articles about your nudity on the show are such bulls**t.' It's funny, 'cause in some ways that's the conversation we still have when I'm upset [about stuff I read]."
More Lena Dunham News
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows