Lena Dunham Reveals Plan to Quit Acting
Lena Dunham already thinks of retiring from acting. The star and creator of HBO's hit series "Girls", who graces the cover of Glamour's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that she doesn't know if she will want to act in the future.
"I don't know if I'm going to want to act any more. I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to," the 27-year-old star tells the mag. She adds that she prefers to stand behind the camera and watch other people on the screen, saying, "I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
In the interview, Dunham also talks about her relationship with Fun.'s member Jack Antonoff whom she began dating shortly after "Girls" became popular. "The dialogue around the show already existed, so it was sort of clear to him what the baggage of dating me was going to be," she explains.
She adds, "I remember talking with him on our first date and him being like, 'God all the articles about your nudity on the show are such bulls**t.' It's funny, 'cause in some ways that's the conversation we still have when I'm upset [about stuff I read]."
More Lena Dunham News
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- James Franco and Seth Rogen Are Developing '90s Teen Drama for Hulu
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers