Lena Dunham Reveals Plan to Quit Acting
Lena Dunham already thinks of retiring from acting. The star and creator of HBO's hit series "Girls", who graces the cover of Glamour's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that she doesn't know if she will want to act in the future.
"I don't know if I'm going to want to act any more. I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to," the 27-year-old star tells the mag. She adds that she prefers to stand behind the camera and watch other people on the screen, saying, "I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
In the interview, Dunham also talks about her relationship with Fun.'s member Jack Antonoff whom she began dating shortly after "Girls" became popular. "The dialogue around the show already existed, so it was sort of clear to him what the baggage of dating me was going to be," she explains.
She adds, "I remember talking with him on our first date and him being like, 'God all the articles about your nudity on the show are such bulls**t.' It's funny, 'cause in some ways that's the conversation we still have when I'm upset [about stuff I read]."
More Lena Dunham News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance