Lena Dunham Reveals Plan to Quit Acting
Lena Dunham already thinks of retiring from acting. The star and creator of HBO's hit series "Girls", who graces the cover of Glamour's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that she doesn't know if she will want to act in the future.
"I don't know if I'm going to want to act any more. I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to," the 27-year-old star tells the mag. She adds that she prefers to stand behind the camera and watch other people on the screen, saying, "I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts."
In the interview, Dunham also talks about her relationship with Fun.'s member Jack Antonoff whom she began dating shortly after "Girls" became popular. "The dialogue around the show already existed, so it was sort of clear to him what the baggage of dating me was going to be," she explains.
She adds, "I remember talking with him on our first date and him being like, 'God all the articles about your nudity on the show are such bulls**t.' It's funny, 'cause in some ways that's the conversation we still have when I'm upset [about stuff I read]."
More Lena Dunham News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences