Kristian Nairn of 'Game of Thrones' Says He Is Gay
Actor Kristian Nairn who plays giant Hodor on HBO's series "Game of Thrones" comes out as gay. The Irish actor revealed his sexual preference in an interview with WinterIsComing.net on Tuesday, March 11. When asked about his "extensive" followers from the LGBT community, Nairn said, "Well, in all honesty, when you talk about 'the gay community,' you are talking about MY community."
"I AM aware of it yeah, and I think it's really lovely. There's not a day that I don't get a few messages, but 99 percent or more are super sweet and nothing smutty at all! Again, it's a privilege, and I really mean that," he added.
"I've never hidden my sexuality from anyone, my whole life in fact, and I've been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview, cos it's not something you just blurt out. I've tried to lead the questions a few times, to no avail!" he continued saying.
In the interview, Nairn also said that his sexual preference would not be an issue with filming crew. "I had an upbringing to respect other people's privacy, and their right to be and choose what they want, and I expect, no, demand no less for myself," he explained. "It's a very small part of who I am on the whole, but nonetheless, in this day and age, it's important to stand up and be counted. I have and always will stand my ground. So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but I don't see why it would be an issue."
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week