Sam Riley and Eddie Redmayne Shortlisted for Doctor Doom Role in 'Fantastic Four'
Four actors are reportedly eying a coveted role as Doctor Doom in "The Fantastic Four". According to The Wrap, Sam Riley and Eddie Redmayne are among the shortlisted contenders along with Toby Kebbell and Domhnall Gleeson.
Jack Huston who is known for his role Richard Harrow on "Boardwalk Empire" was also rumored being in talks for the villainous role for the reboot. However, it's unclear if he remains in the mix now that four new candidates emerge.
The "Fantastic Four" remake is directed by Josh Trank. Miles Teller will star as the rubber man, Reed Richards, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm or Human Torch, Kate Mara as Sue Storm or Invincible Woman, and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm or The Thing. It will open June 19, 2015 in the United States.
Riley will next be seen in Disney's "Maleficent", and Redmayne is among the cast of the upcoming "Jupiter Ascending". Kebbell also has one movie coming this year, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", while Gleeson has several including Angelina Jolie's "Unbroken".
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed