Sam Riley and Eddie Redmayne Shortlisted for Doctor Doom Role in 'Fantastic Four'
Four actors are reportedly eying a coveted role as Doctor Doom in "The Fantastic Four". According to The Wrap, Sam Riley and Eddie Redmayne are among the shortlisted contenders along with Toby Kebbell and Domhnall Gleeson.
Jack Huston who is known for his role Richard Harrow on "Boardwalk Empire" was also rumored being in talks for the villainous role for the reboot. However, it's unclear if he remains in the mix now that four new candidates emerge.
The "Fantastic Four" remake is directed by Josh Trank. Miles Teller will star as the rubber man, Reed Richards, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm or Human Torch, Kate Mara as Sue Storm or Invincible Woman, and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm or The Thing. It will open June 19, 2015 in the United States.
Riley will next be seen in Disney's "Maleficent", and Redmayne is among the cast of the upcoming "Jupiter Ascending". Kebbell also has one movie coming this year, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", while Gleeson has several including Angelina Jolie's "Unbroken".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences