Alicia Keys Joins Forces With Kendrick Lamar for 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Soundtrack
Alicia Keys has teamed up with Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer for a new track called "It's On Again". The song will appear in the soundtrack of upcoming movie "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
"It's On Again" is mostly sung by Keys and will feature a few verses from Lamar. Pharrell, who serves as the producer, also helms the score alongside Zimmer, Mike Einziger of Incubus, Johnny Marr, Junkie XL, Andrew Kawczynski and Steve Mazzaro.
Keys has voiced her excitement to work with the musicians in a release. "I'm very excited to be a part of such a powerful collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer," she said. "This is the next chapter in the 'Spider-Man' legacy and we really feel 'It's On Again' captures the experience, the story - and most importantly - the meaning behind the film, which is that we all have the potential to be extraordinary. There's a little bit of a super hero in all of us."
Pharrell added, "Hans has created an iconic score theme and it was exciting to collaborate with him again on this song. When I was making the song, I knew Alicia and Kendrick had to be on it. They take the song to a whole new level."
Also featuring new music from The Neighbourhood, Alvin Risk and LIZ, the soundtrack album of "The Amazing Sprider-Man 2" is scheduled to arrive on April 22. The movie, which stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, will hit U.S. theaters on May 2.
More Alicia Keys News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns