Alicia Keys Joins Forces With Kendrick Lamar for 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Soundtrack
Alicia Keys has teamed up with Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer for a new track called "It's On Again". The song will appear in the soundtrack of upcoming movie "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
"It's On Again" is mostly sung by Keys and will feature a few verses from Lamar. Pharrell, who serves as the producer, also helms the score alongside Zimmer, Mike Einziger of Incubus, Johnny Marr, Junkie XL, Andrew Kawczynski and Steve Mazzaro.
Keys has voiced her excitement to work with the musicians in a release. "I'm very excited to be a part of such a powerful collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer," she said. "This is the next chapter in the 'Spider-Man' legacy and we really feel 'It's On Again' captures the experience, the story - and most importantly - the meaning behind the film, which is that we all have the potential to be extraordinary. There's a little bit of a super hero in all of us."
Pharrell added, "Hans has created an iconic score theme and it was exciting to collaborate with him again on this song. When I was making the song, I knew Alicia and Kendrick had to be on it. They take the song to a whole new level."
Also featuring new music from The Neighbourhood, Alvin Risk and LIZ, the soundtrack album of "The Amazing Sprider-Man 2" is scheduled to arrive on April 22. The movie, which stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, will hit U.S. theaters on May 2.
More Alicia Keys News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says