Kevin Bacon Spreads the '80s Awareness in Funny Video
Kevin Bacon gives a bit of history lesson in a new funny video. The "X-Men: First Class" star appears in a spoof PSA to spread awareness of the '80s. "Awareness of '80s culture and technology has been in a significant decline," he says in the beginning of the clip which was uploaded by Mashable. "Especially among a certain demographic - I'm talking to you, Millennials."
"All you guys born after 1985 have no idea how hard life was," he adds. Bacon then gives an example, saying that there was no dating app back then. "I went to the White Pages - Google it - and called her house," he says of how he asked a girl out. "And let me tell you, when she turns down your invitation to Sbarro's, you can't just swipe away the hurt."
In the video, the actor also mentions the Cold War. "You think Russia's a threat now? Let me tell you about a little thing called the Cold War," he continues. "They had nukes pointed at us for 20 years. You couldn't even skateboard to a Blockbuster without getting nuked."
In the end of the video, the star of "The Following" seemingly gets upset when the camera stops focusing on him. After removing the microphone and leaving the room, he meets some people who look busy with their phone. "You people would never know the comfort of parachute pants," Bacon randomly tells them.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'