Kevin Bacon Spreads the '80s Awareness in Funny Video
Kevin Bacon gives a bit of history lesson in a new funny video. The "X-Men: First Class" star appears in a spoof PSA to spread awareness of the '80s. "Awareness of '80s culture and technology has been in a significant decline," he says in the beginning of the clip which was uploaded by Mashable. "Especially among a certain demographic - I'm talking to you, Millennials."
"All you guys born after 1985 have no idea how hard life was," he adds. Bacon then gives an example, saying that there was no dating app back then. "I went to the White Pages - Google it - and called her house," he says of how he asked a girl out. "And let me tell you, when she turns down your invitation to Sbarro's, you can't just swipe away the hurt."
In the video, the actor also mentions the Cold War. "You think Russia's a threat now? Let me tell you about a little thing called the Cold War," he continues. "They had nukes pointed at us for 20 years. You couldn't even skateboard to a Blockbuster without getting nuked."
In the end of the video, the star of "The Following" seemingly gets upset when the camera stops focusing on him. After removing the microphone and leaving the room, he meets some people who look busy with their phone. "You people would never know the comfort of parachute pants," Bacon randomly tells them.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce