Frank Ocean Responds to Chipotle Lawsuit: 'F**k Off'
Late last week, Chipotle filed a lawsuit against Frank Ocean, claiming that the rapper had backed out of a deal to record a song for their ad campaign. On Monday, March 10, the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All member took to his Tumblr page to respond to the claim.
Ocean, whose real name is Christopher Breaux, posted a photo of a Cashier's Check in the amount of $212,500. "F**K OFF," he wrote in the check's memo. Despite the photo, Chipotle said they hadn't received the money from the rapper.
"If/when we get a check from Frank, we should be able to close the books on this," a spokesman for the restaurant chain told Rolling Stone. "Right now, all we have is a photo online."
According to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, March 7, Chipotle hired Ocean via a talent agency to record a song called "Pure Imagination" for a marketing campaign named "The Scarecrow". The campaign was aimed to promote local and sustainably-sourced food, while warning of the dangers of industrial farming.
The 26-year-old star joined the project after being shown a rough draft of the ad which was 80% complete and hadn't yet to feature Chipotle logo. He was already paid $212,500, but later said he didn't want to participate in the campaign anymore.
His legal team then explained the withdrawal in a statement that read, "When Frank was asked to participate in this project, Chipotle's representatives told him that the thrust of the campaign was to promote responsible farming. There was no Chipotle reference or logo in the initial presentation, and Chipotle told Frank that was an intentional element of the campaign."
More Frank Ocean News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son