Keith Richards to Release Children's Book
After releasing a memoir called "Life" in 2010, Keith Richards is currently working on a children's book. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers announced on Tuesday, March 11 that the member of The Rolling Stones would release a book called "Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar" on September 9. The book will be available in hard copy with CD as well as E-book format.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the book "offers a rare and intimate" look of Richards' relationship with his grandfather, a jazz musician who introduced him to music. Richards joins forces with his 28-year-old daughter Theodora Dupree Richards, who is named after Richards' grandfather, for the illustration. The musician also works with Barnaby Harris and Bill Shapiro for the book.
" 'Gus & Me' invites readers to be in the room at the electrifying moment that Keith holds a guitar in his hands for the first time. We are excited to be bringing this vivid and moving story to children and families, and proud to be publishing the debut of talented artist Theodora," Megan Tinley from the publishing house explained.
Richards additionally said, "I have just become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I'm talking about. The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?