Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Rogen Turn Romantic in 'True Detective' Spoof
Only Jimmy Kimmel can turn serious crime drama "True Detective" into a love story. A spoof of the hit HBO series starring him and Seth Rogen was released under the title "True Detective 2", just a day after the real show aired its season 1 finale on Sunday, March 9.
"Next season will follow two completely different detectives on a completely different case," Kimmel said in the introduction. "There's been much speculation about which actors will be tapped to play those roles, and I'm excited to announce here at Southwest the identity of those actors, and also to announce that it is going to be set here in Austin next season."
In the video, Kimmel and Rogen were in for a separate interview to talk about each other. "You don't pick your parents and you don't pick your partner. You need to understand, Seth was intense. He came out of years deep narco," said Kimmel, who is a narcoleptic in real life.
A scruffy looking Rogen then appeared, saying, "I put a great deal of terrible s**t in my body when I was under. I swallowed a whole bottle of children's Tylenol PM, and not just the pills - the bottle. Costco size. I pooped out the whole bottle, opened it, and ate its contents. That was for breakfast."
Kimmel further described his partner, "Seth had a way of using 10 dollar words, he liked to hear himself talk. Even though, I'm pretty sure, he had no idea what he was saying." The scene cut to the two of them in a car. Rogen started to quote Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" when talking to his partner and then Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time". "Hey, are you lost?" Rogen asked Kimmel. " 'Cuz, if you are lost, you can look. You will find me, time after time." They broke out into the a duet of the '80s classic.
The video later fast forwarded 12 years when the best friends met again after being estranged. They told each other how much they missed each other and leaned in for a kiss. The video ended as they were about to lock lips, with Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss Me" playing.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie