Cheryl Cole Officially Returns to 'The X Factor' U.K.
Cheryl Cole personally announced that she officially returned to "The X Factor" U.K. The 30-year-old singer posted a playful photo of her straggling the show's producer Simon Cowell on the neck and captioned, "GUESS WHAT!! ... I'm baaaacccckkkkk!!!! iMayActuallyRingHisNexk #XFactor2014 #leggooo."
Cowell also shared the news on his Twitter, writing, "It's official. Cheryl is back. Be careful what you wish for!" He added, "Most importantly she is a brilliant judge of talent." Cole will begin her judging duty again on the 11th season which is scheduled to debut later this year. Cowell, who quit the show in the eighth series, is also making a comeback.
"I am so happy that Cheryl has agreed to join The X Factor again," he said in a press release. "The last time we worked together in the U.K. was incredible and produced some really successful artists. Obviously the plan is to do the same again... so it's back to work!" It is unclear who the other two judges will be, but the beloved judge Louis Walsh is expected to return.
The Girls Aloud star was a judge on the U.K. show from 2008 to 2010 before moving to the now-canceled U.S. version. She reportedly has signed a 1.5 million pounds deal to return to the show. She will allegedly receive 500,000 pounds more than any other judge on the program except for Cowell.
However, a friend of Cole told The Sun that it was not the money that drew her back. "This is nothing to do with the money. She loves the show and has unfinished business," the friend said.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy