Cheryl Cole Officially Returns to 'The X Factor' U.K.
Cheryl Cole personally announced that she officially returned to "The X Factor" U.K. The 30-year-old singer posted a playful photo of her straggling the show's producer Simon Cowell on the neck and captioned, "GUESS WHAT!! ... I'm baaaacccckkkkk!!!! iMayActuallyRingHisNexk #XFactor2014 #leggooo."
Cowell also shared the news on his Twitter, writing, "It's official. Cheryl is back. Be careful what you wish for!" He added, "Most importantly she is a brilliant judge of talent." Cole will begin her judging duty again on the 11th season which is scheduled to debut later this year. Cowell, who quit the show in the eighth series, is also making a comeback.
"I am so happy that Cheryl has agreed to join The X Factor again," he said in a press release. "The last time we worked together in the U.K. was incredible and produced some really successful artists. Obviously the plan is to do the same again... so it's back to work!" It is unclear who the other two judges will be, but the beloved judge Louis Walsh is expected to return.
The Girls Aloud star was a judge on the U.K. show from 2008 to 2010 before moving to the now-canceled U.S. version. She reportedly has signed a 1.5 million pounds deal to return to the show. She will allegedly receive 500,000 pounds more than any other judge on the program except for Cowell.
However, a friend of Cole told The Sun that it was not the money that drew her back. "This is nothing to do with the money. She loves the show and has unfinished business," the friend said.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'