Miranda Lambert's New Album 'Platinum' to Arrive on June 3
Miranda Lambert has shared more details about her long-awaited new album on "Good Morning America". The country superstar revealed that her forthcoming record, "Platinum", would finally arrive on June 3.
During the Monday, March 10 episode of the ABC show, Lambert also unveiled the official cover art for what will be her fifth solo studio effort. In the artwork, the "Mama's Broken Heart" singer is seen flaunting her long leg in a thigh-high slit black dress.
"Platinum" will arrive two years after Lambert's last album, 2011's "Four the Record". The singer, who last year dropped an album with Pistol Annies, has explained why it took her so long to release a new LP.
"From the day you kinda go I need to start looking for songs and writing songs, it feels like no matter how much time you have, you're rushed. And so I didn't want to rush it at all," she said as quoted by Associated Press.
"To me it's all about timing and making sure that you can feel like you can finally sit there and go, OK, the album's done, and never have a moment where you go, I wish we could change that or I wish we had a different song," she added.
The new album will feature 16 tracks, 8 of which were co-written by Lambert. Fellow country star Carrie Underwood will make a guest appearance in a new song called "Something Bad".
"We're really rocking in country music and we're coming together as a force," Lambert said of teaming up with the "American Idol" fame. "To me, like, if you're sitting on the front row, you might want to scoot back. It's a force. It just feels exciting to me. I'm ready to rock."
More Miranda Lambert News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'