Jude Law, Judi Dench, and Tom Hiddleston Nominated at 2014 Olivier Awards
The Society of London Theater has announced nominations for this year's Laurence Olivier Awards. Jude Law, Judi Dench, and Tom Hiddleston are among the nominees for the event that will take place at the Royal Opera House in London on April 13.
Law and Hiddleston are nominated for Best Actor, thanks to their roles as "Henry V" and "Coriolanus" respectively. The other contenders in the coveted category are Henry Goodman ("The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui") and Rory Kinnear ("Othello").
Dench, meanwhile, is up for Best Actress for her role in "Peter and Alice" where she starred with her "Skyfall" co-star Ben Whishaw. Her competitors are Hayley Atwell ("The Pride"), Anna Chancellor ("Private Lives"), and Lesley Manville ("Ghosts").
Manville's "Ghosts" co-star, Jack Lowden, is vying for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. He is facing a competition from Ardal O'Hanlon ("The Weir"), Law's "Henry V" castmate Ron Cook, and Hiddleston's "Coriolanus" co-star Mark Gatiss.
In Best Supporting Actress, Sharon D. Clarke ("The Amen Corner"), Sarah Greene ("The Cripple of Inishmaan"), Katherine Kingsley ("A Midsummer Night's Dream"), and Cecilia Noble ("The Amen Corner") are battling it out to win the prize.
The full list of the nominees can be found on Olivier Awards website.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism