Kristen Bell Talks 'Veronica Mars' Sequel
Kristen Bell is keen to reprise her role for a second "Veronica Mars" movie, and so is director Rob Thomas. "Yeah, and I'm the one talking about it. I would come back in a heartbeat," the "House of Lies" actress tells CinemaBlend in a promo interview.
If a sequel really gets made, Bell says, it should not be crowd-funded. The fact that the Kickstarter campaign for the first one was a huge success should be enough proof that there is a big audience for "Veronica Mars" that makes it worth getting picked up for a follow-up, so she reasons.
"They put their cash on the table. They put their money where their mouth was and they proved they were an audience that would support this film," she said. "That's all we needed. So, for me I want to see this made like any other movie, where you don't have to presell it to your fans, and I would do another incarnation of Veronica in a heartbeat."
While a movie sequel is still to be determined, a spin-off is already being planned. Actor Ryan Hansen discusses the side project which will focus on his character Dick Casablancas. "It's more fun," he spills. "And all the characters will be in it, but as themselves."
"This was kind of supposed to be like a little promo for the movie," he explains. "Like, we were going to shoot a little thing. And then it kind of became a bigger thing when CW announced it. And so, Rob was like, 'I'm really focused on my pilot,' and no one really had time to do it before the movie. So we're still going to do it, probably after Rob does his pilot."
"Veronica Mars" movie will hit select theaters in the U.S. on March 14 before getting video-on-demand release.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics