Zac Efron Is Game to Return for 'High School Musical' Reunion
It's been six years since the last "High School Musical" and many movies since then for Zac Efron, but the former Disney star never forgets his roots. In an interview with E! News when promoting his new movie "Neighbors" at SXSW, he said he would love to do a new movie to follow up the last one, "High School Musical 3: Senior Year".
The "That Awkward Moment" hunk suggested that the other main stars like Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, and Lucas Grabeel were all on board. "We're all thinking about it," he claimed. "I continue to see all the guys from 'High School'. Every time we do, there's just this look between us."
"It's so cool because we never forget a single moment of that experience. It brings you right back to those days," the ex-teen idol continued. So, what's his suggestion for the fourth installment should one be made? A "really dirty, R-rated 'High School Musical' movie," so the now 26-year-old star pitched in his idea.
The Mouse House has responded to Efron's statement. The studio said, "Everyone at Disney Channel takes pride in knowing that our wonderful 'High School Musical' cast has fond memories about their days as 'Wildcats,' and that each year, new audiences are introduced to the movies through our telecasts around the world, but we have no 'new news' to report."
The first "HSM" movie premiered on Disney Channel in 2006. It instantly became the network's most successful TV movie of all time, and its soundtrack went on to become the highest-selling album of 2006. A sequel came out in 2007 before the third entry was released in theaters the next year. The last one bagged over $252 million worldwide against a modest $11M budget.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?