Lena Dunham Removes Molestation Joke Tweet and Apologizes
Lena Dunham fired off a classic molestation joke and quickly regretted it. The "Girls" star was fresh from hosting "Saturday Night Live" and blamed lack of sleep on the "not so great molestation joke" she posted on Twitter.
Dunham was responding to a Twitter follower's criticism of her "SNL" gig in which she appeared naked in a sketch. "You don't always have to get naked," a Twitter user commented on the skit and the fact that Dunham's character is often naked on "Girls". The actress responded, "Please tell that to my uncle, mister. He's been making me!"
Dunham quickly realized that it was inappropriate and removed the tweet as she got blown off by "Twitter rage." She wrote, "I just made and deleted a not so great molestation joke. Sorry guys. I am really sleepy. SNL has a way bigger audience than our usual cozy girls audience, so I was seeing a rash of very different kinds of twitter rage."
She later added, "Even naked girls get embarrassed. Sleep well and thanks for an amazing weekend."
More Lena Dunham News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard