Lena Dunham Removes Molestation Joke Tweet and Apologizes
Lena Dunham fired off a classic molestation joke and quickly regretted it. The "Girls" star was fresh from hosting "Saturday Night Live" and blamed lack of sleep on the "not so great molestation joke" she posted on Twitter.
Dunham was responding to a Twitter follower's criticism of her "SNL" gig in which she appeared naked in a sketch. "You don't always have to get naked," a Twitter user commented on the skit and the fact that Dunham's character is often naked on "Girls". The actress responded, "Please tell that to my uncle, mister. He's been making me!"
Dunham quickly realized that it was inappropriate and removed the tweet as she got blown off by "Twitter rage." She wrote, "I just made and deleted a not so great molestation joke. Sorry guys. I am really sleepy. SNL has a way bigger audience than our usual cozy girls audience, so I was seeing a rash of very different kinds of twitter rage."
She later added, "Even naked girls get embarrassed. Sleep well and thanks for an amazing weekend."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri