Lena Dunham Removes Molestation Joke Tweet and Apologizes
Lena Dunham fired off a classic molestation joke and quickly regretted it. The "Girls" star was fresh from hosting "Saturday Night Live" and blamed lack of sleep on the "not so great molestation joke" she posted on Twitter.
Dunham was responding to a Twitter follower's criticism of her "SNL" gig in which she appeared naked in a sketch. "You don't always have to get naked," a Twitter user commented on the skit and the fact that Dunham's character is often naked on "Girls". The actress responded, "Please tell that to my uncle, mister. He's been making me!"
Dunham quickly realized that it was inappropriate and removed the tweet as she got blown off by "Twitter rage." She wrote, "I just made and deleted a not so great molestation joke. Sorry guys. I am really sleepy. SNL has a way bigger audience than our usual cozy girls audience, so I was seeing a rash of very different kinds of twitter rage."
She later added, "Even naked girls get embarrassed. Sleep well and thanks for an amazing weekend."
More Lena Dunham News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'