Lena Dunham Removes Molestation Joke Tweet and Apologizes
Lena Dunham fired off a classic molestation joke and quickly regretted it. The "Girls" star was fresh from hosting "Saturday Night Live" and blamed lack of sleep on the "not so great molestation joke" she posted on Twitter.
Dunham was responding to a Twitter follower's criticism of her "SNL" gig in which she appeared naked in a sketch. "You don't always have to get naked," a Twitter user commented on the skit and the fact that Dunham's character is often naked on "Girls". The actress responded, "Please tell that to my uncle, mister. He's been making me!"
Dunham quickly realized that it was inappropriate and removed the tweet as she got blown off by "Twitter rage." She wrote, "I just made and deleted a not so great molestation joke. Sorry guys. I am really sleepy. SNL has a way bigger audience than our usual cozy girls audience, so I was seeing a rash of very different kinds of twitter rage."
She later added, "Even naked girls get embarrassed. Sleep well and thanks for an amazing weekend."
More Lena Dunham News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge