Lena Dunham Removes Molestation Joke Tweet and Apologizes
Lena Dunham fired off a classic molestation joke and quickly regretted it. The "Girls" star was fresh from hosting "Saturday Night Live" and blamed lack of sleep on the "not so great molestation joke" she posted on Twitter.
Dunham was responding to a Twitter follower's criticism of her "SNL" gig in which she appeared naked in a sketch. "You don't always have to get naked," a Twitter user commented on the skit and the fact that Dunham's character is often naked on "Girls". The actress responded, "Please tell that to my uncle, mister. He's been making me!"
Dunham quickly realized that it was inappropriate and removed the tweet as she got blown off by "Twitter rage." She wrote, "I just made and deleted a not so great molestation joke. Sorry guys. I am really sleepy. SNL has a way bigger audience than our usual cozy girls audience, so I was seeing a rash of very different kinds of twitter rage."
She later added, "Even naked girls get embarrassed. Sleep well and thanks for an amazing weekend."
More Lena Dunham News
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos