First Teaser for HBO's 'Normal Heart': Mark Ruffalo Fights to Expose Truth About HIV/AIDS Crisis
Fresh off Matthew McConaughey's Oscar win as an AIDS patient in "Dallas Buyers Club", another HIV/AIDS-themed film is coming on HBO. The premium cable channel has now debuted the first teaser for TV movie "The Normal Heart" from "Glee" and "American Horror Story" creator Ryan Murphy.
The telepic based on Larry Kramer's 1986's play of the same title stars Mark Ruffalo as writer/activist Ned Weeks. Witnessing first-hand the mysterious disease that claims the lives of many, he's confronting the rising crisis of HIV/AIDS in the early eighties as the government ignores the seriousness of the epidemic.
"White Collar" and "Magic Mike" hottie Matthew Bomer portrays a reporter named Felix Turner who is also Ned's lover. "August: Osage County" star Julia Roberts takes on the role of Dr. Emma Brookner, the paraplegic physician who treats several of the earliest victims.
Jim Parsons, Taylor Kitsch, Jonathan Groff, Alfred Molina and Joe Mantello also join the cast ensemble of the movie, which is set to premiere Sunday, May 25 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Playwright Kramer penned the script and Murphy directed it.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'