SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Found-Footage Thriller 'Exists'
Bigfoot thriller "Exists" has been acquired by Lionsgate for North American release. The deal was made after the movie got premiered over the weekend at a sold-out midnight screening at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas.
The film revolves around five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas. They struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists.
The found-footage flick stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson, and Brian Steele. The indie pic comes from director Eduardo Sanchez ("The Blair Witch Project").
"I'm really excited about working with the talented team at Lionsgate. We've had great history together and they really understand 'Exists' and see the tremendous opportunity to reboot Bigfoot for a new generation," the helmer says in a statement.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'