SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Found-Footage Thriller 'Exists'
Bigfoot thriller "Exists" has been acquired by Lionsgate for North American release. The deal was made after the movie got premiered over the weekend at a sold-out midnight screening at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas.
The film revolves around five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas. They struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists.
The found-footage flick stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson, and Brian Steele. The indie pic comes from director Eduardo Sanchez ("The Blair Witch Project").
"I'm really excited about working with the talented team at Lionsgate. We've had great history together and they really understand 'Exists' and see the tremendous opportunity to reboot Bigfoot for a new generation," the helmer says in a statement.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance