SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Found-Footage Thriller 'Exists'
Bigfoot thriller "Exists" has been acquired by Lionsgate for North American release. The deal was made after the movie got premiered over the weekend at a sold-out midnight screening at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas.
The film revolves around five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas. They struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists.
The found-footage flick stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson, and Brian Steele. The indie pic comes from director Eduardo Sanchez ("The Blair Witch Project").
"I'm really excited about working with the talented team at Lionsgate. We've had great history together and they really understand 'Exists' and see the tremendous opportunity to reboot Bigfoot for a new generation," the helmer says in a statement.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent