SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Found-Footage Thriller 'Exists'
Bigfoot thriller "Exists" has been acquired by Lionsgate for North American release. The deal was made after the movie got premiered over the weekend at a sold-out midnight screening at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas.
The film revolves around five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas. They struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists.
The found-footage flick stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson, and Brian Steele. The indie pic comes from director Eduardo Sanchez ("The Blair Witch Project").
"I'm really excited about working with the talented team at Lionsgate. We've had great history together and they really understand 'Exists' and see the tremendous opportunity to reboot Bigfoot for a new generation," the helmer says in a statement.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked