SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Found-Footage Thriller 'Exists'
Bigfoot thriller "Exists" has been acquired by Lionsgate for North American release. The deal was made after the movie got premiered over the weekend at a sold-out midnight screening at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas.
The film revolves around five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas. They struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists.
The found-footage flick stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson, and Brian Steele. The indie pic comes from director Eduardo Sanchez ("The Blair Witch Project").
"I'm really excited about working with the talented team at Lionsgate. We've had great history together and they really understand 'Exists' and see the tremendous opportunity to reboot Bigfoot for a new generation," the helmer says in a statement.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'