'True Detective' Finale Causes HBO GO to Crash
"True Detective" finale was marred by a technical problem on HBO GO. Those who tried to watch the episode through the cable network's online streaming service only saw a spinning circle on a black screen.
The streaming platform was notified of the problem. They tweeted on Sunday, March 9, "Due to overwhelmingly popular demand for #TrueDetective, we've been made aware of an issue affecting some users. Please try again soon."
Fans later poked fun at the issue. Dave Itzkoff wrote on Twitter, "Next week on True Detective: Marty and Rust frantically scramble to log onto HBO Go to learn what happened this week on True Detective."
Will Frasure tweeted, "This is what we all get for borrowing other people's HBO Go accounts," and another user called Ryan McGee wrote, "HBO Go has turned into the ObamaCare website of online TV portals, apparently. THE YELLOW KING STRIKES AGAIN. #TrueDetective."
Around two hours later, the problem has been solved. Sarah Burton took to Twitter to complain about the delay, "I've had two hours stolen from me today. One hour from Daylight Savings and one from @HBOGO."
In the season finale of "True Detective", [SPOILER ALERT!] Matthew McConaughey's Rust and Woody Harrelson's Hart finally caught the killer and it was none of the detectives. The bad guy, Errol, was shot in the head during a showdown with Rust and Hart. Rust himself was fatally wounded, but survived.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments