Russell Brand Cancels Shows After Mother Gets Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Russell Brand decided to cancel at least two scheduled dates of his Messiah Complex tour due to personal reasons. The comedian took time off to be with his mother Barbara in her time of need after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
The shows were supposed to take place at Coventry's Warwick Arts Centre and at Assembly Rooms Derby this past weekend. "Sorry to eff you around with gigs. My mum ain't well. Tix will be honoured or refunded," he tweeted.
The one at the Warwick Arts Centre has been rescheduled for April 19. "We apologize for any inconvenience caused," the venue said in a statement.
Brand, 38, is very close with his mom. She raised him as a single mother after splitting from his father when he was just 6 months old. She survived uterine cancer when he was 8 years old.
On Wednesday, March 5, the "Rock of Ages" actor said in a video blog, "My mother has currently got breast cancer." She's attending support groups, he added.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?