Russell Brand Cancels Shows After Mother Gets Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Russell Brand decided to cancel at least two scheduled dates of his Messiah Complex tour due to personal reasons. The comedian took time off to be with his mother Barbara in her time of need after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
The shows were supposed to take place at Coventry's Warwick Arts Centre and at Assembly Rooms Derby this past weekend. "Sorry to eff you around with gigs. My mum ain't well. Tix will be honoured or refunded," he tweeted.
The one at the Warwick Arts Centre has been rescheduled for April 19. "We apologize for any inconvenience caused," the venue said in a statement.
Brand, 38, is very close with his mom. She raised him as a single mother after splitting from his father when he was just 6 months old. She survived uterine cancer when he was 8 years old.
On Wednesday, March 5, the "Rock of Ages" actor said in a video blog, "My mother has currently got breast cancer." She's attending support groups, he added.
More Russell Brand News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media