Russell Brand Cancels Shows After Mother Gets Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Russell Brand decided to cancel at least two scheduled dates of his Messiah Complex tour due to personal reasons. The comedian took time off to be with his mother Barbara in her time of need after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
The shows were supposed to take place at Coventry's Warwick Arts Centre and at Assembly Rooms Derby this past weekend. "Sorry to eff you around with gigs. My mum ain't well. Tix will be honoured or refunded," he tweeted.
The one at the Warwick Arts Centre has been rescheduled for April 19. "We apologize for any inconvenience caused," the venue said in a statement.
Brand, 38, is very close with his mom. She raised him as a single mother after splitting from his father when he was just 6 months old. She survived uterine cancer when he was 8 years old.
On Wednesday, March 5, the "Rock of Ages" actor said in a video blog, "My mother has currently got breast cancer." She's attending support groups, he added.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie