Russell Brand Cancels Shows After Mother Gets Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Russell Brand decided to cancel at least two scheduled dates of his Messiah Complex tour due to personal reasons. The comedian took time off to be with his mother Barbara in her time of need after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
The shows were supposed to take place at Coventry's Warwick Arts Centre and at Assembly Rooms Derby this past weekend. "Sorry to eff you around with gigs. My mum ain't well. Tix will be honoured or refunded," he tweeted.
The one at the Warwick Arts Centre has been rescheduled for April 19. "We apologize for any inconvenience caused," the venue said in a statement.
Brand, 38, is very close with his mom. She raised him as a single mother after splitting from his father when he was just 6 months old. She survived uterine cancer when he was 8 years old.
On Wednesday, March 5, the "Rock of Ages" actor said in a video blog, "My mother has currently got breast cancer." She's attending support groups, he added.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic