Russell Brand Cancels Shows After Mother Gets Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Russell Brand decided to cancel at least two scheduled dates of his Messiah Complex tour due to personal reasons. The comedian took time off to be with his mother Barbara in her time of need after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
The shows were supposed to take place at Coventry's Warwick Arts Centre and at Assembly Rooms Derby this past weekend. "Sorry to eff you around with gigs. My mum ain't well. Tix will be honoured or refunded," he tweeted.
The one at the Warwick Arts Centre has been rescheduled for April 19. "We apologize for any inconvenience caused," the venue said in a statement.
Brand, 38, is very close with his mom. She raised him as a single mother after splitting from his father when he was just 6 months old. She survived uterine cancer when he was 8 years old.
On Wednesday, March 5, the "Rock of Ages" actor said in a video blog, "My mother has currently got breast cancer." She's attending support groups, he added.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones