SXSW: Zac Efron Premieres 'Neighbors', Kristen Bell Debuts 'Veronica Mars'
A number of stars flocked to Austin, Texas for South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival over the weekend. Zac Efron came to the event to premiere his new movie "Neighbors" ahead of its May 9 U.S. theatrical release, and Kristen Bell was spotted supporting the screening of her crowd-funded film "Veronica Mars" which is due March 14.
Efron was joined by his co-stars Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Seth Rogen, and Dave Franco at the Paramount Theatre. Meanwhile, Bell was joined by her castmates Krysten Ritter, Chris Lowell, Tina Majorino, Amanda Noret, Percy Daggs III, Enrico Colantoni, Ryan Hansen, Jason Dohring, and director Rob Thomas. At one point, the latter group was caught on camera taking a photo a la Ellen DeGeneres' Oscar selfie.
In the meantime, Matthew Bomer and Patrick Wilson came to the festival to debut their movie "Space Station 76". Ethan Hawke and Richard Linklater promoted their flick "Predestination", Jon Favreau premiered his comedy "Chef (2014)", and Nicolas Cage promoted "Joe" with Rosario Dawson.
Kevin Bacon, Ian Somerhalder, Jason Bateman, Mindy Kaling, and Ashton Kutcher were also at the annual music, film, and interactive conference and festival. At one of the panels, Olivia Munn was seen serving as a moderator for "Late Night with Seth Meyers".
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur