The National Performs on 'Saturday Night Live'
The National hit the stage of "Saturday Night Live" when they made their debut appearance in the Saturday, March 8 episode of the NBC show. The Brooklyn-based rockers opened their set with the live version of a track called "Graceless".
After getting a little energetic in the second half of the song, the group slowed it down when they later returned to the stage to perform "I Need My Girl". Frontman Matt Berninger and his bandmates managed to deliver a pretty live rendition of the guitar-driven ballad.
"Graceless" and "I Need My Girl" are both lifted off The National's latest album, "Trouble Will Find Me". Marking the band's sixth studio effort, the record which was released last year bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.
That night's "Saturday Night Live" featured appearance from Lena Dunham as a guest host. Prior to The National's performance, the "Girls" creator praised the band, tweeting, "Just a head's up: @The_National made me cry in rehearsal today. Like, with the power of their music. They weren't mean or anything."
The National Performs "Graceless":
The National Performs "I Need My Girl":
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck