The National Performs on 'Saturday Night Live'
The National hit the stage of "Saturday Night Live" when they made their debut appearance in the Saturday, March 8 episode of the NBC show. The Brooklyn-based rockers opened their set with the live version of a track called "Graceless".
After getting a little energetic in the second half of the song, the group slowed it down when they later returned to the stage to perform "I Need My Girl". Frontman Matt Berninger and his bandmates managed to deliver a pretty live rendition of the guitar-driven ballad.
"Graceless" and "I Need My Girl" are both lifted off The National's latest album, "Trouble Will Find Me". Marking the band's sixth studio effort, the record which was released last year bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.
That night's "Saturday Night Live" featured appearance from Lena Dunham as a guest host. Prior to The National's performance, the "Girls" creator praised the band, tweeting, "Just a head's up: @The_National made me cry in rehearsal today. Like, with the power of their music. They weren't mean or anything."
The National Performs "Graceless":
The National Performs "I Need My Girl":
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song