The National Performs on 'Saturday Night Live'
The National hit the stage of "Saturday Night Live" when they made their debut appearance in the Saturday, March 8 episode of the NBC show. The Brooklyn-based rockers opened their set with the live version of a track called "Graceless".
After getting a little energetic in the second half of the song, the group slowed it down when they later returned to the stage to perform "I Need My Girl". Frontman Matt Berninger and his bandmates managed to deliver a pretty live rendition of the guitar-driven ballad.
"Graceless" and "I Need My Girl" are both lifted off The National's latest album, "Trouble Will Find Me". Marking the band's sixth studio effort, the record which was released last year bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.
That night's "Saturday Night Live" featured appearance from Lena Dunham as a guest host. Prior to The National's performance, the "Girls" creator praised the band, tweeting, "Just a head's up: @The_National made me cry in rehearsal today. Like, with the power of their music. They weren't mean or anything."
The National Performs "Graceless":
The National Performs "I Need My Girl":
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday