The National Performs on 'Saturday Night Live'
The National hit the stage of "Saturday Night Live" when they made their debut appearance in the Saturday, March 8 episode of the NBC show. The Brooklyn-based rockers opened their set with the live version of a track called "Graceless".
After getting a little energetic in the second half of the song, the group slowed it down when they later returned to the stage to perform "I Need My Girl". Frontman Matt Berninger and his bandmates managed to deliver a pretty live rendition of the guitar-driven ballad.
"Graceless" and "I Need My Girl" are both lifted off The National's latest album, "Trouble Will Find Me". Marking the band's sixth studio effort, the record which was released last year bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.
That night's "Saturday Night Live" featured appearance from Lena Dunham as a guest host. Prior to The National's performance, the "Girls" creator praised the band, tweeting, "Just a head's up: @The_National made me cry in rehearsal today. Like, with the power of their music. They weren't mean or anything."
The National Performs "Graceless":
The National Performs "I Need My Girl":
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass