Judge Admits to Leaking Charlize Theron Adoption Info
An Arkansas judge named Mike Maggio has confessed to leaking some details about Charlize Theron adopting a baby. Maggio used "geauxjudge" as his user name and he left comments about the confidential materials on the Louisiana State University message board in 2012, two months before she made the announcement.
According to Arkansas Times, Maggio left sexist and racist comments as well, but he has apologized for his action. "I take full responsibility for the comments that have been attributed to me," he said in a statement which was released on Wednesday, March 5. "I apologize deeply for my lapse in personal judgment and for that, I have no excuse. The comments posted were not acceptable. These comments are not a reflection of who I am."
In one post, Maggio described Theron's looks when she handled the proceeding, saying that the actress was "trying to camouflage her appearance." In another post, he confirmed that the child was black.
A political blogger called Matt Campbell previously suggested that Maggio was the one who wrote the posts from clues Maggio mentioned. Arkansas' Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission director David Sachar confirmed that an investigation is currently underway.
More Charlize Theron News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns