Judge Admits to Leaking Charlize Theron Adoption Info
An Arkansas judge named Mike Maggio has confessed to leaking some details about Charlize Theron adopting a baby. Maggio used "geauxjudge" as his user name and he left comments about the confidential materials on the Louisiana State University message board in 2012, two months before she made the announcement.
According to Arkansas Times, Maggio left sexist and racist comments as well, but he has apologized for his action. "I take full responsibility for the comments that have been attributed to me," he said in a statement which was released on Wednesday, March 5. "I apologize deeply for my lapse in personal judgment and for that, I have no excuse. The comments posted were not acceptable. These comments are not a reflection of who I am."
In one post, Maggio described Theron's looks when she handled the proceeding, saying that the actress was "trying to camouflage her appearance." In another post, he confirmed that the child was black.
A political blogger called Matt Campbell previously suggested that Maggio was the one who wrote the posts from clues Maggio mentioned. Arkansas' Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission director David Sachar confirmed that an investigation is currently underway.
More Charlize Theron News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism