Shakira Explains Rihanna Collab: My Boyfriend Won't Let Me Make Videos With Men
Shakira revealed the reason why she collaborated with Rihanna for her single "Can't Remember to Forget You" and its steamy music video. In a new interview with Billboard, the Latin singer explained that she decided to work with the Bajan beauty because her boyfriend Gerard Pique wouldn't let her shoot videos with men.
"He's very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women," Shakira told the magazine. "It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
"It's out of the question - which I like, by the way. I like that he protects his turf and he values me, in a way that the only person he would ever let graze my thigh would be Rihanna," she added.
Shakira and her soccer player beau Pique began dating in 2011. Last year, the couple welcomed their first child, a boy named Milan Pique Mebarak. However, the singer who's currently busy serving as a coach on "The Voice" as well as finishing her new self-titled album still has no plan to quit music.
"Sometimes I yearn to stay at home with Gerard and Milan," she said. "For so long I decided to have what I have now, this family, that it's logical for me to feel divided. A part of me - well, all of me - wants to be with them all the time and be a housewife. But there's another part of me that still wants to make music and that's still pleased with success. I won't deny it. I know it sometimes sounds almost immoral to admit you like success, but I like it - I like it."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour