Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' Dies
Actress Sheila MacRae, who probably is most known for her role as the wife of bus driver Ralph Kramden named Alice on 1960s "The Honeymooners", has passed away. Her granddaughter Allison Mullavey told New York Daily News that the star died in Englewood, N.J. on Thursday, March 6 at the age of 92. "She lived a good life and she lived a long time," Mullavey said.
MacRae was born Sheila Margaret Stephens in London. Her family sent her to live in Long Island, New York before the World War II. In 1941, she married Gordon MacRae who was popular for his hits such as "Rambling Rose", "So in Love" and "It's Magic". The couple often performed together on TV. They appeared in an episode of "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1964 where The Beatles performed. The couple got divorced in 1967.
MacRae's TV credits included "General Hospital" and "Search for Tomorrow". She also took part in quiz "What's My Line?". She also starred in movies such as 1950's "Backfire", "Caged", "Pretty Baby" and 1964's "Bikini Beach". In addition to TV and movie appearances, MacRae performed on Broadway plays including "Absurd Person Singular" which debuted in 1974.
MacRae is survived by a daughter, actress Heather MacRae, and two sons, William Gordon MacRae and Robert Bruce MacRae. Her other daughter, actress Meredith MacRae, died in 2000.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet