Video: 'Sesame Street' Presents a Musical Take on 'Les Miserables'
"Les Miserables" is never outdated indeed. Following Tom Hooper's 2012 big-screen adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel, "Sesame Street" now delivers its take on the French historical story with the famous puppets.
In the spoof, Cookie Monster stars as Jean Bon-Bon, a French guy who is very sad because he had no cookies. One day, his pursuit of cookies in the streets of Paris brings him good fortune, but there are still others who are sad because they have no cookies.
After the encounters with the unlucky ones and some musical numbers, Jean Bon-Bon, who initially wanted to keep all of his cookies for himself, learns to share. Called "Les Mousserables", the parody features some songs in a similar vein to the original songs, but with different melodies.
The 2012 "Les Miserables" film starring Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and more earned critical acclaims and went to win three Academy Awards out of eight nominations at the February 2013 ceremony, including Best Supporting Actress trophy for Hathaway.
FOX is now developing a small-screen adaptation of the the Victor Hugo novel with a modern twist. Actor-writer Graham Norris is tapped to pen the script.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo