Video: 'Sesame Street' Presents a Musical Take on 'Les Miserables'
"Les Miserables" is never outdated indeed. Following Tom Hooper's 2012 big-screen adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel, "Sesame Street" now delivers its take on the French historical story with the famous puppets.
In the spoof, Cookie Monster stars as Jean Bon-Bon, a French guy who is very sad because he had no cookies. One day, his pursuit of cookies in the streets of Paris brings him good fortune, but there are still others who are sad because they have no cookies.
After the encounters with the unlucky ones and some musical numbers, Jean Bon-Bon, who initially wanted to keep all of his cookies for himself, learns to share. Called "Les Mousserables", the parody features some songs in a similar vein to the original songs, but with different melodies.
The 2012 "Les Miserables" film starring Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and more earned critical acclaims and went to win three Academy Awards out of eight nominations at the February 2013 ceremony, including Best Supporting Actress trophy for Hathaway.
FOX is now developing a small-screen adaptation of the the Victor Hugo novel with a modern twist. Actor-writer Graham Norris is tapped to pen the script.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split