Video: 'Sesame Street' Presents a Musical Take on 'Les Miserables'
"Les Miserables" is never outdated indeed. Following Tom Hooper's 2012 big-screen adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel, "Sesame Street" now delivers its take on the French historical story with the famous puppets.
In the spoof, Cookie Monster stars as Jean Bon-Bon, a French guy who is very sad because he had no cookies. One day, his pursuit of cookies in the streets of Paris brings him good fortune, but there are still others who are sad because they have no cookies.
After the encounters with the unlucky ones and some musical numbers, Jean Bon-Bon, who initially wanted to keep all of his cookies for himself, learns to share. Called "Les Mousserables", the parody features some songs in a similar vein to the original songs, but with different melodies.
The 2012 "Les Miserables" film starring Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and more earned critical acclaims and went to win three Academy Awards out of eight nominations at the February 2013 ceremony, including Best Supporting Actress trophy for Hathaway.
FOX is now developing a small-screen adaptation of the the Victor Hugo novel with a modern twist. Actor-writer Graham Norris is tapped to pen the script.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single