Video: 'Sesame Street' Presents a Musical Take on 'Les Miserables'
"Les Miserables" is never outdated indeed. Following Tom Hooper's 2012 big-screen adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel, "Sesame Street" now delivers its take on the French historical story with the famous puppets.
In the spoof, Cookie Monster stars as Jean Bon-Bon, a French guy who is very sad because he had no cookies. One day, his pursuit of cookies in the streets of Paris brings him good fortune, but there are still others who are sad because they have no cookies.
After the encounters with the unlucky ones and some musical numbers, Jean Bon-Bon, who initially wanted to keep all of his cookies for himself, learns to share. Called "Les Mousserables", the parody features some songs in a similar vein to the original songs, but with different melodies.
The 2012 "Les Miserables" film starring Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and more earned critical acclaims and went to win three Academy Awards out of eight nominations at the February 2013 ceremony, including Best Supporting Actress trophy for Hathaway.
FOX is now developing a small-screen adaptation of the the Victor Hugo novel with a modern twist. Actor-writer Graham Norris is tapped to pen the script.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart