Video: Ariana Grande Performs at the White House's Women of Soul Concert
Ariana Grande was among performers at Women of Soul concert that was held at the White House on Thursday night, March 6. The Nickelodeon star treated the crowd, which included President Barack Obama and FLOTUS Michelle Obama, with the cover of Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing".
Grande, who ditched her signature hairstyle, was visibly nervous when she arrived on the stage. "What's up, how are 'ya? Good to see 'ya," she greeted Obama who sat in the front row. "Thank you for having me. I'm seriously excited."
The 20-year-old brunette then said that Houston was her inspiration before belting out the late singer's 1993 ballad. Some audience members were seen singing along as Grande hit the high notes.
During the concert, the "Sam & Cat" actress also performed her own hit titled "Tattooed Heart" from her debut album "Yours Truly".
Other performers that night included Tessanne Chin who wowed the audience with her rendition of Donna Summer's "Last Dance", Aretha Franklin who sang classics such as "Let's Have a Party" and "I've Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)" and Patti LaBelle who performed "Over The Rainbow". Janelle Monae and Melissa Etheridge served as performers as well. The ladies then joined forces to sing Tina Turner's "Proud Mary".
Ariana Grande's Performance:
Tessane Chin's Performance:
More Ariana Grande News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!