Jennifer Lawrence's Best Friend Opens Up About Her Oscar Night
Laura Simpson, Jennifer Lawrence's best friend who went to the Oscars with the actress on Sunday, March 2, opens up about meeting celebrities during the exciting night in a MySpace post. The model got to know Lawrence seven years ago at an event and they have been "eating pizza together ever since."
Simpson starts her story describing moments when she and Lawrence hit the red carpet. "My date eats s**t and uses my freshly done Lauren Conrad up do to break her fall. The crowd goes wild," she writes. However, there was no one who asked her if she needed help, "because unless you are famous at the Oscars, you are completely invisible."
Simpson then decided to use the bathroom before the show started. She met Jessica Biel who held the door for her and complimented her dress. "No human being should be allowed to have her face and body," she says of Justin Timberlake's other half.
After the best supporting actress award was handed to Lupita Nyong'o, Simpson and Lawrence spent their time in green room where there were many celebrities hanging out and eating pizza. Simpson then was caught in an awkward situation with Jennifer Garner. "My dress gets caught on Jennifer Garner and we awkwardly laugh and someone tries to separate us," she reveals. Kerry Washington asked if she could have the Slim Jim in Simpson's purse.
At one point, Simpson's purse fell off the chair and someone handed it back to her. She recalls, "I say, 'Thank you... Channing Tatum.' "
Another memorable encounter that night was meeting Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the backstage after the show. According to Simpson, Pitt "smells amazing, like nothing I've ever smelled." When asked about his cologne, Pitt admitted, "I don't wear cologne, it's just my musk I guess." She explains, "I have to choose not to believe him because it would just be unfair to mankind."
She also recalls meeting Bill Murray at an after-party and Rachel Zoe who complimented her look. "Actresses tend to get a bad reputation but every woman I met was lovely, witty and introduced themselves to me even though I wasn't famous - even Anne Hathaway," she concludes.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'