FOX Renews 'The Following', 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' and Two Other Comedies
FOX has renewed four of its shows. On Friday, March 7, the network announced early renewals for sophomore drama "The Following" and three comedies, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "The Mindy Project" and "New Girl".
"These shows are some of the best and acclaimed series on television, with influential, culture-driving stars, and some of the best, most creative talent behind the camera," Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, and Joe Earley, Chief Operating Officer, Fox Broadcasting Company, say in a joint statement. "All four are core assets within our 2014-15 portfolio of content, and we're really happy to bring them back to our FOX fans for another season."
Psychological thriller "The Following" starring Kevin Bacon was picked up for a third season, and so was Mindy Kaling's sophomore comedy "The Mindy Project". Andy Samberg's "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" was ordered for a second season, while Zooey Deschanel's "New Girl" will return for a fourth installment.
These four shows join "Sleepy Hollow" which has been picked up for a second season, "Glee" which has been renewed for a sixth season, and "Bones" which has received a tenth season order. "The X Factor (US)", meanwhile, will not return for a fourth season.
"The Following" 2.08 Clip #1:
"The Following" 2.08 Clip #2:
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" 1.20 Preview:
"New Girl" 3.19 Preview:
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance