FOX Renews 'The Following', 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' and Two Other Comedies
FOX has renewed four of its shows. On Friday, March 7, the network announced early renewals for sophomore drama "The Following" and three comedies, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "The Mindy Project" and "New Girl".
"These shows are some of the best and acclaimed series on television, with influential, culture-driving stars, and some of the best, most creative talent behind the camera," Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, and Joe Earley, Chief Operating Officer, Fox Broadcasting Company, say in a joint statement. "All four are core assets within our 2014-15 portfolio of content, and we're really happy to bring them back to our FOX fans for another season."
Psychological thriller "The Following" starring Kevin Bacon was picked up for a third season, and so was Mindy Kaling's sophomore comedy "The Mindy Project". Andy Samberg's "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" was ordered for a second season, while Zooey Deschanel's "New Girl" will return for a fourth installment.
These four shows join "Sleepy Hollow" which has been picked up for a second season, "Glee" which has been renewed for a sixth season, and "Bones" which has received a tenth season order. "The X Factor (US)", meanwhile, will not return for a fourth season.
"The Following" 2.08 Clip #1:
"The Following" 2.08 Clip #2:
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" 1.20 Preview:
"New Girl" 3.19 Preview:
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene