FOX Renews 'The Following', 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' and Two Other Comedies
FOX has renewed four of its shows. On Friday, March 7, the network announced early renewals for sophomore drama "The Following" and three comedies, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "The Mindy Project" and "New Girl".
"These shows are some of the best and acclaimed series on television, with influential, culture-driving stars, and some of the best, most creative talent behind the camera," Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, and Joe Earley, Chief Operating Officer, Fox Broadcasting Company, say in a joint statement. "All four are core assets within our 2014-15 portfolio of content, and we're really happy to bring them back to our FOX fans for another season."
Psychological thriller "The Following" starring Kevin Bacon was picked up for a third season, and so was Mindy Kaling's sophomore comedy "The Mindy Project". Andy Samberg's "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" was ordered for a second season, while Zooey Deschanel's "New Girl" will return for a fourth installment.
These four shows join "Sleepy Hollow" which has been picked up for a second season, "Glee" which has been renewed for a sixth season, and "Bones" which has received a tenth season order. "The X Factor (US)", meanwhile, will not return for a fourth season.
"The Following" 2.08 Clip #1:
"The Following" 2.08 Clip #2:
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" 1.20 Preview:
"New Girl" 3.19 Preview:
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake