Robert Buckley Joins The CW's Supernatural Drama 'iZombie'
Robert Buckley has nabbed major role in a potentially new series "iZombie". The Clayton Evans of "One Tree Hill" is cast as the lead character's former fiance in the Rob Thomas adaptation of the DC Comics.
Per THR, the CW supernatural crime procedural centers on Liv, a medical student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the Coroner's Office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so that she can maintain her humanity. With each brain she eats, she obtains the corpse's memories. Together with her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Buckley's character Major is a seemingly perfect former college football player-turned-environmental engineer. Major was recently engaged to Liv, with whom he's trying to remain friends despite still being in love with her. THR said the character is "extremely likable."
Buckley joins previously announced cast including Malcolm Goodwin, Alexandra Krosney and David Anders. The female lead role of Liv has yet to be cast.
More iZombie News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts