Robert Buckley Joins The CW's Supernatural Drama 'iZombie'
Robert Buckley has nabbed major role in a potentially new series "iZombie". The Clayton Evans of "One Tree Hill" is cast as the lead character's former fiance in the Rob Thomas adaptation of the DC Comics.
Per THR, the CW supernatural crime procedural centers on Liv, a medical student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the Coroner's Office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so that she can maintain her humanity. With each brain she eats, she obtains the corpse's memories. Together with her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Buckley's character Major is a seemingly perfect former college football player-turned-environmental engineer. Major was recently engaged to Liv, with whom he's trying to remain friends despite still being in love with her. THR said the character is "extremely likable."
Buckley joins previously announced cast including Malcolm Goodwin, Alexandra Krosney and David Anders. The female lead role of Liv has yet to be cast.
More iZombie News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger