Jared Leto Dissed Jennifer Lawrence for Falling Twice at the Oscars
Jared Leto took a diss at fellow Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence for falling twice at the awards ceremony. Leto said in an interview that he started to question whether it was for a stunt.
"You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit of an act," Leto told Access Hollywood on Thursday, March 6. Lawrence fell on the steps while accepting the award for Best Actress at 2013 Academy Awards last year. This year, she also tripped on the red carpet in her red Dior dress. She made Leto laugh when presenting an award on stage later that night.
"She said, 'What are you laughing at?' " Leto recalled about Lawrence. "But what she didn't know was that Ellen [DeGeneres] was on the side…making, pantomiming [motions like], 'Don't fall, don't fall,' and my mom and my brother are all cracking up." He added, "I guess we don't have any manners. You can take them out of Louisiana but you can't take Louisiana out of them, right?"
Leto went on winning the Best Supporting Actor category that night for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" while Lawrence lost to "12 Years a Slave" star Lupita Nyong'o in Best Supporting Actress.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'