Jared Leto Dissed Jennifer Lawrence for Falling Twice at the Oscars
Jared Leto took a diss at fellow Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence for falling twice at the awards ceremony. Leto said in an interview that he started to question whether it was for a stunt.
"You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit of an act," Leto told Access Hollywood on Thursday, March 6. Lawrence fell on the steps while accepting the award for Best Actress at 2013 Academy Awards last year. This year, she also tripped on the red carpet in her red Dior dress. She made Leto laugh when presenting an award on stage later that night.
"She said, 'What are you laughing at?' " Leto recalled about Lawrence. "But what she didn't know was that Ellen [DeGeneres] was on the side…making, pantomiming [motions like], 'Don't fall, don't fall,' and my mom and my brother are all cracking up." He added, "I guess we don't have any manners. You can take them out of Louisiana but you can't take Louisiana out of them, right?"
Leto went on winning the Best Supporting Actor category that night for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" while Lawrence lost to "12 Years a Slave" star Lupita Nyong'o in Best Supporting Actress.
More Jared Leto News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'