Jared Leto Dissed Jennifer Lawrence for Falling Twice at the Oscars
Jared Leto took a diss at fellow Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence for falling twice at the awards ceremony. Leto said in an interview that he started to question whether it was for a stunt.
"You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit of an act," Leto told Access Hollywood on Thursday, March 6. Lawrence fell on the steps while accepting the award for Best Actress at 2013 Academy Awards last year. This year, she also tripped on the red carpet in her red Dior dress. She made Leto laugh when presenting an award on stage later that night.
"She said, 'What are you laughing at?' " Leto recalled about Lawrence. "But what she didn't know was that Ellen [DeGeneres] was on the side…making, pantomiming [motions like], 'Don't fall, don't fall,' and my mom and my brother are all cracking up." He added, "I guess we don't have any manners. You can take them out of Louisiana but you can't take Louisiana out of them, right?"
Leto went on winning the Best Supporting Actor category that night for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" while Lawrence lost to "12 Years a Slave" star Lupita Nyong'o in Best Supporting Actress.
More Jared Leto News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular