Jared Leto Dissed Jennifer Lawrence for Falling Twice at the Oscars
Jared Leto took a diss at fellow Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence for falling twice at the awards ceremony. Leto said in an interview that he started to question whether it was for a stunt.
"You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit of an act," Leto told Access Hollywood on Thursday, March 6. Lawrence fell on the steps while accepting the award for Best Actress at 2013 Academy Awards last year. This year, she also tripped on the red carpet in her red Dior dress. She made Leto laugh when presenting an award on stage later that night.
"She said, 'What are you laughing at?' " Leto recalled about Lawrence. "But what she didn't know was that Ellen [DeGeneres] was on the side…making, pantomiming [motions like], 'Don't fall, don't fall,' and my mom and my brother are all cracking up." He added, "I guess we don't have any manners. You can take them out of Louisiana but you can't take Louisiana out of them, right?"
Leto went on winning the Best Supporting Actor category that night for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" while Lawrence lost to "12 Years a Slave" star Lupita Nyong'o in Best Supporting Actress.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation