Bruce Springsteen's Cover of 'Royals' Brings Lorde to Tears
Bruce Springsteen covered Lorde's smashing hit "Royals" when he brought his tour to Auckland, New Zealand last week. The 17-year-old songstress, who was in Austin, Texas for her own tour when she heard of the news, admitted that she cried after learning of the Boss' musical tribute.
"My Twitter went mental. Everyone in New Zealand was like 'You can't believe what just happened!' " she told News.com.au. "It was so exciting. It was the highest honor. He's such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool."
"It's crazy when someone like that is covering your song," she added. "Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing around with them in the studio. It's crazy to me they could come out of someone's mouth who is that respected."
"Royals" is lifted from Lorde's debut album, "Pure Heroine", which has recently passed one million sales mark in the U.S. In the same interview, she commented, "How mental is that, right? I was pretty pumped."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for a tour to support her album which was released last year. Meanwhile, Springsteen wrapped up his tour in Australia and New Zealand earlier this month. He is currently gearing up to bring it to North America next month.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'