Bruce Springsteen's Cover of 'Royals' Brings Lorde to Tears
Bruce Springsteen covered Lorde's smashing hit "Royals" when he brought his tour to Auckland, New Zealand last week. The 17-year-old songstress, who was in Austin, Texas for her own tour when she heard of the news, admitted that she cried after learning of the Boss' musical tribute.
"My Twitter went mental. Everyone in New Zealand was like 'You can't believe what just happened!' " she told News.com.au. "It was so exciting. It was the highest honor. He's such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool."
"It's crazy when someone like that is covering your song," she added. "Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing around with them in the studio. It's crazy to me they could come out of someone's mouth who is that respected."
"Royals" is lifted from Lorde's debut album, "Pure Heroine", which has recently passed one million sales mark in the U.S. In the same interview, she commented, "How mental is that, right? I was pretty pumped."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for a tour to support her album which was released last year. Meanwhile, Springsteen wrapped up his tour in Australia and New Zealand earlier this month. He is currently gearing up to bring it to North America next month.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says