Michael Fassbender Wears Giant Fake Head in 'Frank' Trailer
Michael Fassbender's offbeat comedy "Frank" arrives online. The young Magneto of "X-Men" film series plays the titular character, a mysterious and enigmatic musician who always wears a giant fake head. He leads an avant garde rock band aiming to appear in South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
The movie follows a young wannabe musician, Jon (Domhnall Gleeson), who finds himself out of his depth when he joins Frank's band. After a rocky start, Jon ingratiates himself with the band members, and they retreat to a cabin in the woods to record an album. As his influence waxes, creative tensions mount, and the band's entire raison d'etre is called into question.
The film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival early this year. Supported by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Scoot McNairy, it will be released in theaters across the U.K. on May 9.
More Frank News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip