Michael Fassbender Wears Giant Fake Head in 'Frank' Trailer
Michael Fassbender's offbeat comedy "Frank" arrives online. The young Magneto of "X-Men" film series plays the titular character, a mysterious and enigmatic musician who always wears a giant fake head. He leads an avant garde rock band aiming to appear in South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
The movie follows a young wannabe musician, Jon (Domhnall Gleeson), who finds himself out of his depth when he joins Frank's band. After a rocky start, Jon ingratiates himself with the band members, and they retreat to a cabin in the woods to record an album. As his influence waxes, creative tensions mount, and the band's entire raison d'etre is called into question.
The film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival early this year. Supported by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Scoot McNairy, it will be released in theaters across the U.K. on May 9.
More Frank News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'