Michael Fassbender Wears Giant Fake Head in 'Frank' Trailer
Michael Fassbender's offbeat comedy "Frank" arrives online. The young Magneto of "X-Men" film series plays the titular character, a mysterious and enigmatic musician who always wears a giant fake head. He leads an avant garde rock band aiming to appear in South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
The movie follows a young wannabe musician, Jon (Domhnall Gleeson), who finds himself out of his depth when he joins Frank's band. After a rocky start, Jon ingratiates himself with the band members, and they retreat to a cabin in the woods to record an album. As his influence waxes, creative tensions mount, and the band's entire raison d'etre is called into question.
The film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival early this year. Supported by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Scoot McNairy, it will be released in theaters across the U.K. on May 9.
More Frank News
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour