Michael Fassbender Wears Giant Fake Head in 'Frank' Trailer
Michael Fassbender's offbeat comedy "Frank" arrives online. The young Magneto of "X-Men" film series plays the titular character, a mysterious and enigmatic musician who always wears a giant fake head. He leads an avant garde rock band aiming to appear in South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
The movie follows a young wannabe musician, Jon (Domhnall Gleeson), who finds himself out of his depth when he joins Frank's band. After a rocky start, Jon ingratiates himself with the band members, and they retreat to a cabin in the woods to record an album. As his influence waxes, creative tensions mount, and the band's entire raison d'etre is called into question.
The film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival early this year. Supported by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Scoot McNairy, it will be released in theaters across the U.K. on May 9.
More Frank News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash