Michael Fassbender Wears Giant Fake Head in 'Frank' Trailer
Michael Fassbender's offbeat comedy "Frank" arrives online. The young Magneto of "X-Men" film series plays the titular character, a mysterious and enigmatic musician who always wears a giant fake head. He leads an avant garde rock band aiming to appear in South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
The movie follows a young wannabe musician, Jon (Domhnall Gleeson), who finds himself out of his depth when he joins Frank's band. After a rocky start, Jon ingratiates himself with the band members, and they retreat to a cabin in the woods to record an album. As his influence waxes, creative tensions mount, and the band's entire raison d'etre is called into question.
The film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival early this year. Supported by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Scoot McNairy, it will be released in theaters across the U.K. on May 9.
More Frank News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson