Angelina Jolie Talks About Double Mastectomy: 'There's Still Another Surgery to Have'
Angelina Jolie is going to have another surgery after she underwent preventive double mastectomy last year. The "Maleficent" star talks about her health and support she received after the procedure in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. Jolie, who announced her double mastectomy in a New York Times piece last May, says that she is "moved" by people's warm wishes and is "happy" after taking the decision.
When asked about her condition now, Jolie answered, "I'm great! I'm very happy I made the decision. I was very fortunate to have great doctors and very, very fortunate to have a good recovery and have a project like 'Unbroken' to have something to be really focused on, to be getting healthy for, and to be able to just get right back to work." Jolie is currently directing the movie which tells the story of a World War II survivor.
"There's still another surgery to have, which I haven't yet," she says. "I'll, you know, I'll get advice from all these wonderful people who I've been talking to, to get through that next stage." In the interview, the mother of six also shares that she wrote the piece to "connect with other women and other families going through the same thing."
"Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women's issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I've talked to men about their daughters' and wives' health. It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children," she continues. "I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes