Angelina Jolie Talks About Double Mastectomy: 'There's Still Another Surgery to Have'
Angelina Jolie is going to have another surgery after she underwent preventive double mastectomy last year. The "Maleficent" star talks about her health and support she received after the procedure in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. Jolie, who announced her double mastectomy in a New York Times piece last May, says that she is "moved" by people's warm wishes and is "happy" after taking the decision.
When asked about her condition now, Jolie answered, "I'm great! I'm very happy I made the decision. I was very fortunate to have great doctors and very, very fortunate to have a good recovery and have a project like 'Unbroken' to have something to be really focused on, to be getting healthy for, and to be able to just get right back to work." Jolie is currently directing the movie which tells the story of a World War II survivor.
"There's still another surgery to have, which I haven't yet," she says. "I'll, you know, I'll get advice from all these wonderful people who I've been talking to, to get through that next stage." In the interview, the mother of six also shares that she wrote the piece to "connect with other women and other families going through the same thing."
"Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women's issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I've talked to men about their daughters' and wives' health. It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children," she continues. "I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date