Michael B. Jordan Responds to 'Fantastic Four' Casting Backlash
Michael B. Jordan addresses controversies regarding the casting of "The Fantastic Four". During a press conference in Rome, the actor who is set to play Johnny Storm or Human Torch in the reboot says that he is not surprised by the mixed reactions because he realizes some people just don't like changes.
"It was expected," he explains. "You kinda know going into it that people are used to seeing something one way, it's a continuity thing more than anything. People don't like change too much."
He is not worried either, "You just kinda accept it, it is what it is. You can't make everybody happy. You just gotta accept that and know. I'm an actor, I have to do my job. I'm going to do my job the best I can and the way I've been doing it my entire life, my entire career."
"I grew up a comic book guy, I read comic books as a kid growing up, and the Fantastic Four/Human Torch is one of my favorite characters so I'm going to give it my everything. I can't wait. I don't really let it bother me at all. I just want to go into it and do the best job I can. We'll see what happens."
Of his character, he says, "The Human Torch is, 'yknow, that's fun. That's going to be a good time...To play a superhero? That's dreams coming true. It's not going to be hard. It's going to be fun to kind of show a side of me that I don't really get to show on screen, to be a little bit lighter, funnier, just more personality. It's going to be fun."
Jordan will share screen with Kate Mara who is tapped to play his on-screen sister Sue Storm or The Invincible Woman. His "That Awkward Moment" co-star Miles Teller is in talks for Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic, the leader of the four heroes, and Jamie Bell is up for the coveted role as Ben Grimm or The Thing.
The remake is directed by Josh Trank. It will follow the foursome who gained superpowers after exposure to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space. The script is handled by "X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg. It's unclear how Johnny and Sue Storm's blood ties will be explained in the film.
The remake is due June 19, 2015 in the United States.
More The Fantastic Four News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding