Phillip Phillips Returns to 'American Idol' to Perform New Single 'Raging Fire'
The winner of the eleventh season of "American Idol", Phillip Phillips, returned to the singing competition on Thursday night, March 6. During that night's results show, the singer entertained the crowd by performing his newly-released single, "Raging Fire".
It marks Phillips' first time to perform the track on TV. Wearing a black shirt and a pair of jeans, the 23-year-old entertainer was joined onstage by a band and some backing vocalists as he showcased his amazing vocals while playing his guitar.
"Raging Fire", written by Phillips himself, has been confirmed as the first single off his upcoming album that's currently still untitled. In a recent interview with Billboard, Phillips revealed some details of the follow-up to 2012's "The World From the Side of the Moon".
"We've been working on this one for a month and a half so far," he said. "It's a completely different album that's going to show a different side of me. We have singles that are completely different from 'Raging Fire'."
In addition to working on the album, Phillips is currently gearing up for his own headlining tour in Canada. The 15-date trek will open on March 8 in Halifax and conclude on March 28 in Vancouver.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns