Phillip Phillips Returns to 'American Idol' to Perform New Single 'Raging Fire'
The winner of the eleventh season of "American Idol", Phillip Phillips, returned to the singing competition on Thursday night, March 6. During that night's results show, the singer entertained the crowd by performing his newly-released single, "Raging Fire".
It marks Phillips' first time to perform the track on TV. Wearing a black shirt and a pair of jeans, the 23-year-old entertainer was joined onstage by a band and some backing vocalists as he showcased his amazing vocals while playing his guitar.
"Raging Fire", written by Phillips himself, has been confirmed as the first single off his upcoming album that's currently still untitled. In a recent interview with Billboard, Phillips revealed some details of the follow-up to 2012's "The World From the Side of the Moon".
"We've been working on this one for a month and a half so far," he said. "It's a completely different album that's going to show a different side of me. We have singles that are completely different from 'Raging Fire'."
In addition to working on the album, Phillips is currently gearing up for his own headlining tour in Canada. The 15-date trek will open on March 8 in Halifax and conclude on March 28 in Vancouver.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake