Idris Elba to Voice Tiger Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
The first cast member for Disney's take on Rudyard Kipling's classic tale "The Jungle Book" is revealed. "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" actor Idris Elba is in final negotiations to lend his voice to Shere Khan, the famous tiger in Mowgli's story.
Jon Favreau is attached to direct the upcoming adaptation. Deadline learns that the visual effects of the live-action movie will be overseen by Oscar-winning Rob Legato ("Avatar", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Hugo" and "Titanic").
Justin Marks ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li") is expected to write the script. The Mouse House plans to release the movie across the country on October 9, 2015. They are on a fast track to keep up with rival project developed by Warner Bros.
WB is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez left due to scheduling conflicts. Ron Howard ("Frost/Nixon", "Rush") is tipped to sit behind the lens, but no official confirmation has been made.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation