Idris Elba to Voice Tiger Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
The first cast member for Disney's take on Rudyard Kipling's classic tale "The Jungle Book" is revealed. "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" actor Idris Elba is in final negotiations to lend his voice to Shere Khan, the famous tiger in Mowgli's story.
Jon Favreau is attached to direct the upcoming adaptation. Deadline learns that the visual effects of the live-action movie will be overseen by Oscar-winning Rob Legato ("Avatar", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Hugo" and "Titanic").
Justin Marks ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li") is expected to write the script. The Mouse House plans to release the movie across the country on October 9, 2015. They are on a fast track to keep up with rival project developed by Warner Bros.
WB is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez left due to scheduling conflicts. Ron Howard ("Frost/Nixon", "Rush") is tipped to sit behind the lens, but no official confirmation has been made.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split