Idris Elba to Voice Tiger Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
The first cast member for Disney's take on Rudyard Kipling's classic tale "The Jungle Book" is revealed. "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" actor Idris Elba is in final negotiations to lend his voice to Shere Khan, the famous tiger in Mowgli's story.
Jon Favreau is attached to direct the upcoming adaptation. Deadline learns that the visual effects of the live-action movie will be overseen by Oscar-winning Rob Legato ("Avatar", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Hugo" and "Titanic").
Justin Marks ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li") is expected to write the script. The Mouse House plans to release the movie across the country on October 9, 2015. They are on a fast track to keep up with rival project developed by Warner Bros.
WB is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez left due to scheduling conflicts. Ron Howard ("Frost/Nixon", "Rush") is tipped to sit behind the lens, but no official confirmation has been made.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women