Idris Elba to Voice Tiger Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
The first cast member for Disney's take on Rudyard Kipling's classic tale "The Jungle Book" is revealed. "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" actor Idris Elba is in final negotiations to lend his voice to Shere Khan, the famous tiger in Mowgli's story.
Jon Favreau is attached to direct the upcoming adaptation. Deadline learns that the visual effects of the live-action movie will be overseen by Oscar-winning Rob Legato ("Avatar", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Hugo" and "Titanic").
Justin Marks ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li") is expected to write the script. The Mouse House plans to release the movie across the country on October 9, 2015. They are on a fast track to keep up with rival project developed by Warner Bros.
WB is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez left due to scheduling conflicts. Ron Howard ("Frost/Nixon", "Rush") is tipped to sit behind the lens, but no official confirmation has been made.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed