Idris Elba to Voice Tiger Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
The first cast member for Disney's take on Rudyard Kipling's classic tale "The Jungle Book" is revealed. "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" actor Idris Elba is in final negotiations to lend his voice to Shere Khan, the famous tiger in Mowgli's story.
Jon Favreau is attached to direct the upcoming adaptation. Deadline learns that the visual effects of the live-action movie will be overseen by Oscar-winning Rob Legato ("Avatar", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Hugo" and "Titanic").
Justin Marks ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li") is expected to write the script. The Mouse House plans to release the movie across the country on October 9, 2015. They are on a fast track to keep up with rival project developed by Warner Bros.
WB is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez left due to scheduling conflicts. Ron Howard ("Frost/Nixon", "Rush") is tipped to sit behind the lens, but no official confirmation has been made.
More The Jungle Book News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory