Brandon Howard: 'I Have Never Claimed to Be Michael Jackson's Son'
An aspiring singer called Brandon Howard a.k.a. B Howard, who has been reported to be Michael Jackson's son, has denied that he authorized a DNA test to be compared to Jackson's. The singer addresses the issue in a statement released via his manager Scott Broomfield.
"To my fans, family, and friends, despite recent allegations, I did not authorize the testing of my DNA to be compared to that of the late Michael Jackson nor did I contact TMZ regarding the publication of the story," reads the statement, as quoted by Local10. TMZ previously reported about a press conference announcing the test.
"This spring, I agreed to be a part of a documentary with FilmOn.TV and was asked to give a sample of my DNA. Even though I agreed to this I never expected it to be used in this manner," the statement continues. "To this day, I have never claimed to be Michael Jackson's son nor do I have any intention of pursuing the family's estate."
The press conference about the DNA test was organized by shipping heir Alki David and it took place in Beverly Hills on Thursday, March 6. Streamed on FilmOn.com, the press conference announced that a DNA test allegedly proved Howard is Jackson's son. A Beverly Hills dental surgeon called Dr. Joseph Goodman said he obtained Jackson's DNA from a dental device he bought at an auction. According to the result, the "probability" of the genetic match is "99.9 percent."
The lawyer for Jackson's estate, Howard Weitzman, has commented on the alleged test result. "It sounds like a fraud to me. I've never heard of the man," he told New York Daily News, referring to Howard. "He's never made any claims with the estate or with any recognized tribunal that I'm aware of."
The 31-year-old Howard is the son of pop singer Miki Howard, who was represented by Joe Jackson in the 1980s. Singer Augie Johnson has claimed in a statement to Daily Mail that he is B Howard's father. Johnson said, "I KNOW Brandon's my son - I was there in the delivery room, I have the pictures of him being born. I got the records, I got everything."
"Before me, Miki wasn't with anyone else - she didn't even know Michael at that time. But you know what - I love my son and he can do whatever he likes. I'm not tripping on this - I want Brandon to have a successful career," he added.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake