Isaiah Washington Returns to 'Grey's Anatomy' to Mark Sandra Oh's Departure
Isaiah Washington is heading back to Seattle Grace Hospital. The former series regular of "Grey's Anatomy", whose exit was highly publicized in 2007, is going to return for an episode this May to help mark the upcoming departure of Sandra Oh's Dr. Cristina Yang at the end of the season.
His character, Dr. Preston Burke, had a romantic relationship with Cristina in the first three seasons. The last time viewers saw him, he left Cristina at the altar because he felt that she didn't actually want to get married.
"It's important to me that Cristina's journey unfolds exactly as it should," says series creator Shonda Rhimes. "Burke is vital to that journey - he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang."
Washington was unceremoniously dropped from the ABC medical drama series following an on-set argument between himself and co-star Patrick Dempsey during which he reportedly directed the word "f****t" at then cast mate T.R. Knight. He now has a role on The CW's new series "The 100" which will debut Wednesday, March 19 at 9 P.M. ET/PT.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7