Shailene Woodley Goes Casual at 'Divergent' Toronto Premiere
Shailene Woodley traveled to Canada to premiere "Divergent" at the Scotia Bank Theatre on Wednesday, March 5 in Toronto. She was not alone as she was joined by Theo James, who plays her on-screen love interest in the movie.
The Golden Globes-nominated actress opted for a casual style that night, wearing a No. 21 outfit which consisted of a sweater on top of a shirt. She paired them with black pants and Kurt Geiger heels.
Her co-star James, meanwhile, went semi-formal with a dark-blue suit sans a tie. Posing for pictures with his on-screen leading lady, the 29-year-old English actor reportedly dropped an f-bomb during interview on the red carpet.
On the same night, another cast member Ansel Elgort and author Veronica Roth attending a screening of the movie at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, Minn.
"Divergent" is based on Roth's #1 New York Times best-selling novel of the same title. It is set in a futuristic world where society has been divided into five factions. Tris Prior (Woodley) doesn't fit into just one faction and is called a Divergent. She is warned that she must conceal this secret or risk her life.
As Tris uncovers a looming war which threatens her family and the life of the mysterious Dauntless leader whom she has come to love, Tris must face her greatest test yet-deciding whether revealing she is a Divergent will save her world-or destroy it.
Directed by Neil Burger, the gripping action thriller is also supported by Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Zoe Kravitz, Miles Teller, Christian Madsen and more in the cast ensemble. Summit Entertainment will unleash it in theaters across the nation on March 21.
"Divergent" New Clip:
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'