'All Is by My Side' Clip Shows Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix
OutKast's Andre Benjamin or better known as Andre 3000 channels his inner Jimi Hendrix as seen in the first clip for "All Is by My Side". The video shows the late rocker's softer side, featuring a scene where he's inviting Linda Keith (Imogen Poots) to Monterey.
The movie is a directorial debut of John Ridley who just won Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars for "12 Years a Slave". It didn't get support from Hendrix's estate so it's made without his music, but it received warm welcome at Toronto International Film Festival last year. The film will now be screened at SXSW later this month.
The pic charts just over a year in a man's life. The year he blossomed and became Jimi Hendrix. The year he spent as a young musician trying to make it on the streets and in the clubs of London, England. The lovers, friends, and musical collaborators, who helped him get there.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'