'All Is by My Side' Clip Shows Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix
OutKast's Andre Benjamin or better known as Andre 3000 channels his inner Jimi Hendrix as seen in the first clip for "All Is by My Side". The video shows the late rocker's softer side, featuring a scene where he's inviting Linda Keith (Imogen Poots) to Monterey.
The movie is a directorial debut of John Ridley who just won Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars for "12 Years a Slave". It didn't get support from Hendrix's estate so it's made without his music, but it received warm welcome at Toronto International Film Festival last year. The film will now be screened at SXSW later this month.
The pic charts just over a year in a man's life. The year he blossomed and became Jimi Hendrix. The year he spent as a young musician trying to make it on the streets and in the clubs of London, England. The lovers, friends, and musical collaborators, who helped him get there.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival