'All Is by My Side' Clip Shows Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix
OutKast's Andre Benjamin or better known as Andre 3000 channels his inner Jimi Hendrix as seen in the first clip for "All Is by My Side". The video shows the late rocker's softer side, featuring a scene where he's inviting Linda Keith (Imogen Poots) to Monterey.
The movie is a directorial debut of John Ridley who just won Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars for "12 Years a Slave". It didn't get support from Hendrix's estate so it's made without his music, but it received warm welcome at Toronto International Film Festival last year. The film will now be screened at SXSW later this month.
The pic charts just over a year in a man's life. The year he blossomed and became Jimi Hendrix. The year he spent as a young musician trying to make it on the streets and in the clubs of London, England. The lovers, friends, and musical collaborators, who helped him get there.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'