Lil Boosie Released From Prison
Rapper Lil Boosie, who was incarcerated following drug charges, is now a free man. As reported by WAFB, Warden Burl Cain said that Boosie was released from the Louisiana's Angola State Penitentiary Wednesday night, March 5 at 7:10 P.M.
The rapper, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, was released after serving four years of eight-year sentence. He was imprisoned since 2010 on drug charges and probation violation. Boosie was accused of paying a man to kill rap artist Terry Boyd following his death in 2009, but Boosie was found not guilty in May 2012.
In November 2011, he pleaded guilty to three counts of conspiring to smuggle drugs into prison. The judge then gave him the 8-year sentence. According to the Louisiana Department of Corrections, Boosie was scheduled to be released on May 20. He will be on parole until 2018.
Following the release, Boosie is expected to attend a press conference organized by Atlantic Records in New Orleans on Monday, March 10. The event will take place at the W Hotel at 1 P.M. "He will absolutely be there. He'll be speaking to the press for the first time, after his release," a representative said.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms