Lil Boosie Released From Prison
Rapper Lil Boosie, who was incarcerated following drug charges, is now a free man. As reported by WAFB, Warden Burl Cain said that Boosie was released from the Louisiana's Angola State Penitentiary Wednesday night, March 5 at 7:10 P.M.
The rapper, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, was released after serving four years of eight-year sentence. He was imprisoned since 2010 on drug charges and probation violation. Boosie was accused of paying a man to kill rap artist Terry Boyd following his death in 2009, but Boosie was found not guilty in May 2012.
In November 2011, he pleaded guilty to three counts of conspiring to smuggle drugs into prison. The judge then gave him the 8-year sentence. According to the Louisiana Department of Corrections, Boosie was scheduled to be released on May 20. He will be on parole until 2018.
Following the release, Boosie is expected to attend a press conference organized by Atlantic Records in New Orleans on Monday, March 10. The event will take place at the W Hotel at 1 P.M. "He will absolutely be there. He'll be speaking to the press for the first time, after his release," a representative said.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth