Lil Boosie Released From Prison
Rapper Lil Boosie, who was incarcerated following drug charges, is now a free man. As reported by WAFB, Warden Burl Cain said that Boosie was released from the Louisiana's Angola State Penitentiary Wednesday night, March 5 at 7:10 P.M.
The rapper, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, was released after serving four years of eight-year sentence. He was imprisoned since 2010 on drug charges and probation violation. Boosie was accused of paying a man to kill rap artist Terry Boyd following his death in 2009, but Boosie was found not guilty in May 2012.
In November 2011, he pleaded guilty to three counts of conspiring to smuggle drugs into prison. The judge then gave him the 8-year sentence. According to the Louisiana Department of Corrections, Boosie was scheduled to be released on May 20. He will be on parole until 2018.
Following the release, Boosie is expected to attend a press conference organized by Atlantic Records in New Orleans on Monday, March 10. The event will take place at the W Hotel at 1 P.M. "He will absolutely be there. He'll be speaking to the press for the first time, after his release," a representative said.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift