Simon Cowell Gushes Over Son Eric in First Interview Since Baby's Arrival
Simon Cowell opens up about his days following the arrival of his son with girlfriend Lauren Silverman in his first post-baby interview. Cowell, who welcomed Eric in February, at first described moments when his girlfriend called to tell him that she was going into labor.
"Phone rings at half past five in the morning, 'I'm about to give birth [said Lauren],' so we had to find a flight, which we did, and I got there with two hours to spare," he told Extra. At that time, the music mogul was in London for "Britain's Got Talent" and she was in New York.
Cowell continued saying that he cried after the baby was born and he could feel love right away. "I actually said to Lauren beforehand, 'What if I like the dogs more than him?' and she said, 'You're gonna be absolutely fine,' and then literally within seconds of him being born, I got it," he shared.
In the interview, he also talked about his days after the life-changing event. "Lauren's actually been crying more than Eric, so I've had to put one of those pacifiers in her which she likes! Has to be fed every three hours, otherwise she gets a little bit grumpy, and Eric's absolutely fine!" Cowell additionally shared that he would bring his son to U.K., saying that the baby's grandmother would be "really excited" and already "told the whole village."
"I was born to be a dad!" Cowell gushed, adding that he wanted to have more children in the future. "I wouldn't rule out [more children]! Well, I got [dogs] Squiddly and Diddly, and I couldn't imagine Squiddly or just Diddly... I had a brother when I was younger, so I kind of think it's cool to have two or three... two," he said.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
More Simon Cowell News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney