'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa to Direct Leonardo DiCaprio's 'Blood on Snow'
Daniel Espinosa could direct Leonardo DiCaprio in new movie "Blood on Snow". The "Safe House" helmer is in negotiations to sit behind the lens for the project, which is planned as a potential starring vehicle for the "Django Unchained" actor.
The big-screen adaptation of Jo Nesbo's new novel is developed at Warner Bros. with DiCaprio on board as a producer. The studio is still looking for the right writer to pen the script, which centers on a killer who runs away with his intended target after failing to do his job.
Meanwhile, DiCaprio's other new movie "The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which will reunite him with his "The Wolf of Wall Street" co-star Jonah Hill has found a screenwriter. Variety reports "Captain Phillips" scribe Billy Ray is up for the job.
The film is based on Marie Brenner's Vanity Fair article "American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which tells the story of a security guard who helped save many lives during the Olympic park bombing and then was wrongly accused of planting the bomb. Hill will play the guard, and DiCaprio is tapped as his lawyer.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens