'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa to Direct Leonardo DiCaprio's 'Blood on Snow'
Daniel Espinosa could direct Leonardo DiCaprio in new movie "Blood on Snow". The "Safe House" helmer is in negotiations to sit behind the lens for the project, which is planned as a potential starring vehicle for the "Django Unchained" actor.
The big-screen adaptation of Jo Nesbo's new novel is developed at Warner Bros. with DiCaprio on board as a producer. The studio is still looking for the right writer to pen the script, which centers on a killer who runs away with his intended target after failing to do his job.
Meanwhile, DiCaprio's other new movie "The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which will reunite him with his "The Wolf of Wall Street" co-star Jonah Hill has found a screenwriter. Variety reports "Captain Phillips" scribe Billy Ray is up for the job.
The film is based on Marie Brenner's Vanity Fair article "American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which tells the story of a security guard who helped save many lives during the Olympic park bombing and then was wrongly accused of planting the bomb. Hill will play the guard, and DiCaprio is tapped as his lawyer.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation