'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa to Direct Leonardo DiCaprio's 'Blood on Snow'
Daniel Espinosa could direct Leonardo DiCaprio in new movie "Blood on Snow". The "Safe House" helmer is in negotiations to sit behind the lens for the project, which is planned as a potential starring vehicle for the "Django Unchained" actor.
The big-screen adaptation of Jo Nesbo's new novel is developed at Warner Bros. with DiCaprio on board as a producer. The studio is still looking for the right writer to pen the script, which centers on a killer who runs away with his intended target after failing to do his job.
Meanwhile, DiCaprio's other new movie "The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which will reunite him with his "The Wolf of Wall Street" co-star Jonah Hill has found a screenwriter. Variety reports "Captain Phillips" scribe Billy Ray is up for the job.
The film is based on Marie Brenner's Vanity Fair article "American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which tells the story of a security guard who helped save many lives during the Olympic park bombing and then was wrongly accused of planting the bomb. Hill will play the guard, and DiCaprio is tapped as his lawyer.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal