Quvenzhane Wallis and Cameron Diaz Star in 'Annie' First Trailer
The classic "Annie" gets updated with Quvenzhane Wallis and Cameron Diaz among the cast. The first trailer arrives, showing the bright musical tone and the comedic elements of this modernized version directed by Will Gluck and produced by Jay-Z as well as Will Smith.
Wallis plays the titular orphan, and Diaz portrays her mean foster mom. The little girl's life is changed after she bumps into a wealthy politician (Jamie Foxx) who decides to take her in to make a good impression on press. Rose Byrne stars as his assistant, and Bobby Cannavale is his adviser.
The hard-nosed tycoon, who is also a New York mayoral candidate, believes he has become the kid's guardian angel, but her self-assured nature and bright, sun-will-come-out-tomorrow outlook on life just might mean it's the other way around.
The famous original soundtracks like "Tomorrow" and "Hard-Knock Life" also get revamped for this modernized take, with Jay-Z serving as a music supervisor. Oscar nominee Wallis is seen singing and dancing on the rooftop and on the street with Foxx and Byrne.
The film is due Stateside on December 26.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed