Quvenzhane Wallis and Cameron Diaz Star in 'Annie' First Trailer
The classic "Annie" gets updated with Quvenzhane Wallis and Cameron Diaz among the cast. The first trailer arrives, showing the bright musical tone and the comedic elements of this modernized version directed by Will Gluck and produced by Jay-Z as well as Will Smith.
Wallis plays the titular orphan, and Diaz portrays her mean foster mom. The little girl's life is changed after she bumps into a wealthy politician (Jamie Foxx) who decides to take her in to make a good impression on press. Rose Byrne stars as his assistant, and Bobby Cannavale is his adviser.
The hard-nosed tycoon, who is also a New York mayoral candidate, believes he has become the kid's guardian angel, but her self-assured nature and bright, sun-will-come-out-tomorrow outlook on life just might mean it's the other way around.
The famous original soundtracks like "Tomorrow" and "Hard-Knock Life" also get revamped for this modernized take, with Jay-Z serving as a music supervisor. Oscar nominee Wallis is seen singing and dancing on the rooftop and on the street with Foxx and Byrne.
The film is due Stateside on December 26.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby