SchoolBoy Q's 'Oxymoron' Lands at Billboard 200's No. 1
SchoolBoy Q's "Oxymoron" has entered Billboard 200 at No. 1. Marking the Top Dawg Entertainment rapper's third album, and the first one to be released under a major label, the record sells 139,000 copies, Nielsen SoundScan reports.
The new set gives SchoolBoy Q, who's now signed to Insterscope Records, his best-selling album. His previous albums, 2011's "Setbacks" and 2012's "Habits & Contradictions", have sold 17,000 and 48,000 copies respectively.
"Oxymoron" dethrones last week's first placer, the soundtrack album of "Frozen (2013)". The set, which has topped the chart for four non-consecutive weeks, falls one rung to No. 2 after selling additional 92,000.
Arriving at No. 3 is Beck's "Morning Phase. With a little more than 87,000, the acclaimed album gives the musician his second-highest charting album ever. His "Guero" charted higher as it debuted and peaked at No. 2 back in 2005.
Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon", which was made available only on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon MP3 last week, debuts at No. 4 with 87,000. The rapper's fourth studio effort, however, failed to better its predecessor 2013's "Indicud" which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 136,000.
Romeo Santos' "Formula, Vol. 2" arrives at No. 5 with 85,000. It posts the biggest sales week for a Latin album since 2006, when pop group RBD's "Celestial" opened with 117,000. Next up on the chart, Dierks Bentley's "Riser" takes the sixth place after selling 63,000 in its first week.
At No. 7, former No. 1 Eric Church's "The Outsiders" plunges from No. 2 with 43,000. The Fray's "Helios" becomes the last new entry in the top 10. It debuts at No. 8 with 37,000.
Rounding out the top 10 are the "Now 49" album which slips to No. 9 with 34,000 and Beyonce Knowles' "Beyonce" which falls to No. 10 with 32,000.
- "Oxymoron" - SchoolBoy Q (139,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (92,000)
- "Morning Phase" - Beck (87,000)
- "Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" - Kid Cudi (87,000)
- "Formula, Vol. 2" - Romeo Santos (85,000)
- "Riser" - Dierks Bentley (63,000)
- "The Outsiders" - Eric Church (43,000)
- "Helios" - The Fray (37,000)
- The "Now 49" Album - Various Artists (34,000)
- "Beyonce" - Beyonce Knowles (32,000)
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson