Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Guilty to Fraud Charges
Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe Giudice have pleaded guilty to fraud charges. As reported by The Associated Press, the couple made appearance in the U.S. District Court in Newark on Tuesday, March 4, where they pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and three types of bankruptcy fraud. Joe additionally pleaded guilty to failing to file a tax return for 2004.
After pleading guilty, Teresa may face 21 to 27 months in federal prison. Joe, meanwhile, will likely get 37 to 46 months sentence. Teresa's lawyer Henry Klingeman said on Tuesday that his client would seek probation. Joe's attorney Miles Feinstein also said that Joe might face deportation after completing his sentence because he is Italian citizen. They will be sentenced on July 8.
Following the court appearance, the star of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" released a statement via her lawyer. "Today I took responsibility for a series of mistakes I made several years ago," she said. "I am heartbroken that this is affecting my family. Especially my four young daughters, who mean more to me than anything in the world."
"I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus, I intend to address the court directly at sentencing," the statement continued. "I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decision and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public."
More Teresa Giudice News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama