Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Guilty to Fraud Charges
Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe Giudice have pleaded guilty to fraud charges. As reported by The Associated Press, the couple made appearance in the U.S. District Court in Newark on Tuesday, March 4, where they pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and three types of bankruptcy fraud. Joe additionally pleaded guilty to failing to file a tax return for 2004.
After pleading guilty, Teresa may face 21 to 27 months in federal prison. Joe, meanwhile, will likely get 37 to 46 months sentence. Teresa's lawyer Henry Klingeman said on Tuesday that his client would seek probation. Joe's attorney Miles Feinstein also said that Joe might face deportation after completing his sentence because he is Italian citizen. They will be sentenced on July 8.
Following the court appearance, the star of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" released a statement via her lawyer. "Today I took responsibility for a series of mistakes I made several years ago," she said. "I am heartbroken that this is affecting my family. Especially my four young daughters, who mean more to me than anything in the world."
"I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus, I intend to address the court directly at sentencing," the statement continued. "I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decision and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public."
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes