'The Voice' Recap: Adam Levine Comes Home Empty Handed
The Blind Auditions continued in the fourth episode of "The Voice" on Tuesday, March 4. Megan Ruger came up first, singing "Just Like a Pill" by Pink. Blake Shelton and Usher pushed their buttons as she reached the peak of the song. The 26-year-old rocker from Nashville chose Blake as her coach due to the Nashville connection.
Morgan Wallen could have started his singing career at a young age of 8, but her mother turned down a record contract so that he could have a childhood. He went to pursue a baseball scholarship before an injury led him back to music. His unique voice caught the heart of Shakira as soon as he belted out "Collide" before Usher pushed his button too.
Calling himself a "gentlemen," Usher let Shakira to woo Morgan first and Shakira returned the love, which caused a jealous Adam Levine to sit on Blake's lap. The 20-year-old boy eventually went with Team Usher because he likes Usher's coaching style.
Shakira snagged her first singer that night after pushing the button for Emily B., who sang "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak. Blake and Usher also turned around. When Shakira and Usher argued about who knew more about soul, Blake enthused, "I have a soul." The "Hips Don't Lie" songstress later added Dani Moz and Music Box to her team as well.
Stevie Jo went to Team Usher by default since no other coaches turned around for him. He did "There Goes My Baby" by Usher, which was perhaps the right song choice to win the heart of the coach.
The night ended with Audra McLaughlin's rendition of "Angel from Montgomery" by Bonnie Raitt. Growing up with a learning disability, she turned to music for comfort. Her powerful voice made all four coaches turn around, but she ended up on Team Blake after the country music crooner compared her voice to that of his wife Miranda Lambert.
Blake also snagged high school student Lexi Luca, while Adam scored none that night. So far, Team Shakira and Team Usher have nine each, Blake has nabbed six, and Adam has seven singers.
More The Voice News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single