Chelsea Handler Says She's Not Racist Following Oscar Tweet Controversy
Chelsea Handler has addressed a controversy which stemmed from her tweets on the Oscars. She became a guest tweeter for The Huffington Post on Sunday, March 2 and some people labeled her posts "offensive" or "racist" among others. "Congratulations #12yearsaslave. Go to Africa or buy #ugandabekiddingme http://amzn.to/1de1ka9 #aheadofthecurve #Oscars," one of her tweets read.
Stopping by "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, Handler defended her action at that time. "I'm not a racist. I date a lot of black people. So that would be a difficult thing to explain to them," she said. Handler previously was romantically linked to rapper 50 Cent.
On the show, the comedienne additionally talked about her new book "Uganda Kidding Me" which is out on March 4. She said that the book was about Africa. "I take a lot of my girlfriends and family away on vacations. I embarrass our country like I do on the mainland and abroad. I was due for another book. So I started taking notes while we were in Africa," she said of writing the book.
Handler was at Barnes & Noble in New York City on Tuesday to sign copies of her fifth book for fans. She sported a simple black top, pants and matching shoes while greeting people who came to her.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign