Chelsea Handler Says She's Not Racist Following Oscar Tweet Controversy
Chelsea Handler has addressed a controversy which stemmed from her tweets on the Oscars. She became a guest tweeter for The Huffington Post on Sunday, March 2 and some people labeled her posts "offensive" or "racist" among others. "Congratulations #12yearsaslave. Go to Africa or buy #ugandabekiddingme http://amzn.to/1de1ka9 #aheadofthecurve #Oscars," one of her tweets read.
Stopping by "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, Handler defended her action at that time. "I'm not a racist. I date a lot of black people. So that would be a difficult thing to explain to them," she said. Handler previously was romantically linked to rapper 50 Cent.
On the show, the comedienne additionally talked about her new book "Uganda Kidding Me" which is out on March 4. She said that the book was about Africa. "I take a lot of my girlfriends and family away on vacations. I embarrass our country like I do on the mainland and abroad. I was due for another book. So I started taking notes while we were in Africa," she said of writing the book.
Handler was at Barnes & Noble in New York City on Tuesday to sign copies of her fifth book for fans. She sported a simple black top, pants and matching shoes while greeting people who came to her.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!