Chelsea Handler Says She's Not Racist Following Oscar Tweet Controversy
Chelsea Handler has addressed a controversy which stemmed from her tweets on the Oscars. She became a guest tweeter for The Huffington Post on Sunday, March 2 and some people labeled her posts "offensive" or "racist" among others. "Congratulations #12yearsaslave. Go to Africa or buy #ugandabekiddingme http://amzn.to/1de1ka9 #aheadofthecurve #Oscars," one of her tweets read.
Stopping by "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, Handler defended her action at that time. "I'm not a racist. I date a lot of black people. So that would be a difficult thing to explain to them," she said. Handler previously was romantically linked to rapper 50 Cent.
On the show, the comedienne additionally talked about her new book "Uganda Kidding Me" which is out on March 4. She said that the book was about Africa. "I take a lot of my girlfriends and family away on vacations. I embarrass our country like I do on the mainland and abroad. I was due for another book. So I started taking notes while we were in Africa," she said of writing the book.
Handler was at Barnes & Noble in New York City on Tuesday to sign copies of her fifth book for fans. She sported a simple black top, pants and matching shoes while greeting people who came to her.
More Chelsea Handler News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences